HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Gang. Im a new HK owner and wanted to post my thoughts on my new P30LS. I am pretty much a Glock man but kept coming here and reading about the HK's. I became intrigued by the P30 in 9mm. After fondling a few of them at some gun shows, I decide to order a P30LS with V3 trigger from my local dealer. I got it last Tuesday and after cleaning it up, I took it to the range on Wednesday. Man what a gun ! The best way I can describe it is the difference between driving my Chevrolet and my wifes Mercedes. I put 210 flawless rounds of Speer 124 gr. Lawman without any hiccups. Once I got use to the trigger, I was getting 3-4 " groups at 25 feet. im sure that will improve with a little more range work and break-in. I really love everything about this gun with the exception of the DA trigger pull and the factory sights. I will be doing some research here for replacment sight recommendations. I really like Dawson/Sivigny type sights. Plain rear sight with a fiber optic front. The heavy DA pull is minor to me and I feel like it will improve with time. Another thing that bothers me is the fact that there are very few holster options on the market, especially for the longslide version. Hopefully, that too will improve with time. All in all, I am super happy with the P30LS.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! You will be truely enjoy your P30Ls. I own a P30 and absolutely love it. Fantastic pistol that will never let you down when you need it most. Train more with it and you'll bring that group tighter. As for holsters there are several options, just have to search around.

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
Congrats on the fantastic pistol. I have the V1 on mine, and have had no issues for the last 9K rounds. I have the Dawson plain rear with the fiber front and really like the sights. As for holsters, there should be more in the near future as one of the makers of the molds used to make holsters should be producing P30L molds soon. Hand in there, the holsters should get better.

Enjoy the pistol, and be safe!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Exactly the model I'm thinking will be my next new purchase, unless I see a second HK45 that catches my eye. Congrats, glad you like it and I'll be interested to hear about what you do with the sights (with pictures). :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys! I am going to order a set of Dawsons as soon as thier website comes back up. Its down for maintainance right now. I'll post pictures and a report once I get them installed. Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
My P30LS is my favorite pistol and EDC. Congratulations on your purchase and best of luck with yours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts