HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! I'm new to the forum, with my dad's (retired Law Enforcement) 1989 Date Code P7M8. It shoots like a dream, and I'm definitely hooked! It needs new sights, so I've been reading the site on how to do that. I've got a quote for about $200 from a local shop to install new set of Trijicon's and sight it in on the range, with a turnaround time of only 3 days, so that's the way I'm leaning. My first purchase was a custom IWB/OWB holster from Eric Hopp, and it came out sweet! A definite recommendation for his work, absolutely gorgeous. And the matching belt is perfect, too!

I did notice some rust on one of the mags, is there any way to take care of this? I saw on HKParts.net that there's a "magazine Housing," for about half the price of a new mag. How hard is it to replace the housing?

Thanks for all the help, and I'm looking forward to being a part of the HK Community for a long time!!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I love the P7 series guns! I like the red stitching on the leather...looks nice. Does he have a website?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some steel wool will take care of the rust.
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that!

Congrats and welcome to the forum. I love the P7 series guns! I like the red stitching on the leather...looks nice. Does he have a website?
As far as I know, he only has a Facebook page, but check out the pictures, they're amazing! Eric responds quickly to any messages and offers tips and suggestions to make the holster perfect!

Hopp Custom Leather

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Hi Cargasm....I am pretty new here too, and south of you about an hour or so. LEEDs in Tacoma does HK repairs and such, very good firearms store, they put a fresh set of night sights on my HK45 while I waited, and it was around $180 if I remember right, out the door. I have a couple of P7M8s too and really love them.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Steel wool and buy some Birchwood-Casey Super Blue, it's easy to use. I even use it to blacken some of my medieval weapons collection

I'm in the Olympia area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.