HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Haven't bought a new pistol for years. Looking for a 9mm to use in what we call "service pistol match". Shots fired from distances 10yds out to 50yds from various positions. Not a speed draw competition. No optical sights allowed. I would prefer an adjustable sight. What's the best choice from HK line of firearms, thanks. I have a P7M8 already, so maybe just look for another to wear out ( mine is my "baby" only had about 400rds through it in 15 years, shot 45acp when I played IPSC years ago) so I don't want to use it for match shooting.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
p30 or p30L. Not sure if there are adjustable sights for it but right now its prob the best 9mm HK has to offer and actually probablt one of the best 9mm's out there...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Caveat:10 rd mag limit

oh yeah, I forgot to mention, 10rd mag limit. High cap mags not allowed. I would prefer pistol with 10 rd or less mag, altered mags ( required by law here turn me off):55:

·
Registered
589 Posts
The USP Tactical in 9mm has adjustable sights. The 10 rd mag is available, but your problem in the state. Check w/ dealers in your state, or look for them on websites.

P30L is HK's more up-to-date 9m w/ the longest available barrel in a 9mm, but standard sights are fixed. Unless you can dig up an Expert or Elite in 9mm. HK Shooting Team uses out-of-the-box sights on their P30Ls, supposedly.

I like mine very much OTB, no mods.

·
Registered
234 Posts
HK45 is not 9mm. I'd go with a p30L. The long slide version will help with targetting since it has a longer sight radius. If I'm not mistaken, you can order these with 10 round mags. The standard SKU numbers all start with M. These are all 15 round versions. Dropping the M from the SKU designates 10 rounds.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Was the Expert ever made in 9mm?, If not, something similar to the Combat Competition with the match LEM hybrid trigger, just drop the mag well extension & add adjustible sights.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As others have mentioned look at the P30 or P30L. You can purchase with two 15 mags or two 10 round mags. Go with the 10 rounders when you buy the gun because for whatever reason they cost more than the 15round mags do when you buy them individually.

You will have to look for adjustable sights because they do not come with them.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
10 round magazines are available for any of the 9mm pistols because of the Occupied State's requirements. HK's are not "modified" but manufactured as 10-round magazines. I have a few I use for practice and training with my USP Compact. They're cheap (under $20 is cheap for HK magazines) and they force me into more magazine changes during training courses.

For the type "match" intended I'd probably select the USP in 9mm and get some factory 10 round magazines. Bigger, heavier pistols are usually easier to hold on target. I'm sure you can spend a lot of money of a custom version of this or the P30. Since this shot with the pistol already in hand the finger thingies on the P30 frame may not interfere (as they do during my persentation).

You might also consider a 9mm Government Model M1911. Superior trigger, superior accuracy, 5" barrel, a myriad of sights and grips available. Standard magazines only hold 9 rounds, though. Probably +1 versions available.

-- Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts