HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased my first handgun, an HK45 with LEM trigger and am absolutely in love with it. I have been bitten by the bug and am having a tough time deciding between p30 or p30l in 9mm for my next gun. I have read enough on this forum to know the major differences between the two and know that either will be a great choice, however I'm having one heck of a time finding either in Variant 2 configuration so I can convert it down to the lighter V1 trigger like my HK45.

I have found a few for sale online in other states but I live in the "great" state of California where nothing is simple when it comes to firearms and would lose both magazines that come standard with the gun because of their over 10 round capacity if I buy from someone online and could get it transferred into my local 07ffl for single shot exemption. So I'd have to add another 15ish to whatever purchase price I found, plus my dealers transfer fees and taxes and the sse charge since I'm not buying directly from them. It winds up being a bit more expensive and much more of a headache this way.

My gun store has been unable to find a part number for the variant 2 version of the p30 in 9mm, they can easily get and have in stock the 40 cal one, but this is going to be a competition pistol and one my wife is more comfortable shooting so I'd really rather the 9mm. They told me if I can find the part number they'd try to order one in for me with the springs I need to lighten the trigger pull. Do any of you guys know the part number to order the p30 variant 2 in 9mm? Or have any idea how I can get one into CA without tearing my hair out.

I know there is suppose to be a small number of p30l coming in variant two the end of next month and originally I wanted that for the longer sight picture to make it easier for my wife. Should I cross my fingers and wait for that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats depressing is sometimes the most elegant solutions are the simplest and most overlooked. I spent at least an hour yesterday trying to research every possible way to find this information and at no point did emailing or calling customer service come to mind. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts