HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new to me PTR-91K and have had it to the range twice in the last two weeks. I'm hooked. Great rifle and a bargin price (I got mine lightly used with a wide handguard and flat-top mount and 10 mags). I have an EO Tech 552 on it right now and am thinking of putting some glass with 2-4x mag on it for Christmas. That is about all I'll do, as it already has had a decent trigger job. I'm a life-long AR shooter, and this PTR really is a nice change of pace.
I'm sort of on the brink now, with regards to HK that is. I've always admired them from childhood (looking at old SOF magazine adds and such). Just getting to the point that I can afford such weapons. Up to this point I've collected a couple of ARs, AK, glock, Mini-14 etc. All great weapons and good shooters. But now I find myself considering a P7, maybe a HK93 some day before it's too late. Also, I've always wanted an SL7. Well, the PTR is not a "real HK", but it is a start for me, and I don't feel bad about shooting the heck out of it or putting a few rounds of Monarch thru it either. I think I shoot it next week too.

Happy Vets Day to all!

5L

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sweet buy

Sweet buy on the 91K, just cause it is a clone does not mean it is not as good as a rifle, they are just tools and JLD makes a mean product that is just as good as a HK91 and they have good customer service. HK customer service sucks and I have a friend that works in Sterling offcie and it still does not matter. Post soome pics of that rifle!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the PTR better than what HK has. Fit and finish looks as good if not better, I prefer the modern non HK imitation 'navy' lowers, the safety is better, and I like having the K model with the fat plastic handgaurd. I got the PTR over the HK because of features not price.

I have a P7 I like, as a secondary piece, and I will pick up a HK 93 someday.....and I am a 1911 and AR shooter. Not an HK/clone fan really, but they have put out a few fantastic weapons I must have.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have nothing but praise for my PTR91. It isn't a bolt actioned rifle but it is a good 'un.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My PTR91K is very accurate. I won a couple of bowling pin shoots at 150yds with the iron sights. I have to say, i cant imagine that an actual HK91 is any more accurate of functions any better, i love it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts