HKPRO Forums banner

new purchase my psp franken p7

2K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Rican Havoc 
#1 ·
just picked this up some nice work and some i have no idea what they where thinking it feels like one is grabbing a tack strip or cheese grater Technology Electronic device Gadget
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Material property Tie Carbon
i am going to send to james to replace the squeeze cocker and service it id date code and serial put it as an 1983 since all the other markings have been removed

See less See more
#3 ·
Don't make any hasty decisions. Have you ever thought about getting into woodworking , or ? The first HK Raspy File gun . In a tight spot and outta ammo , no problem. FILE your way out.

Please share your source , so we'll know who to avoid.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I met Tim for lunch, and one squeeze leaves marks in your fingers. I strip of grip tape would have done the trick. In its current form you better wear gloves when you shoot it or it will draw blood. Lol
The previous owner must have also had large hands. Really nice job on the checkering.

#11 ·
Other than putting the correct cocking level (maybe black cerakoted) on it that's a pretty wonderful carry and shooting gun. With the mods on now you wont have any regret carrying and running it hard.
How much did you get it for if you do not mind? I have been hoping to luck into another shooter grade one for a nice carry piece. My P7 is pretty flawless and I'm saving it to enjoy shooting with my son when he is older.

#14 ·
Looks like they used botox on that squeeze cocker.

#15 ·
That is absolutely fascinating! Most HK enthusiasts today would look at this and think of it as an atrocity. "Who would do that to a high dollar, collectible firearm?" We have to keep in mind that while they were never cheap, these guns were not always so highly sought after. The owner customized this pistol to his very specific needs, as did so many other shooters over the past century. I always find the gunsmithing of days past to be quite interesting. Some might be surprised at some of the common modifications as recent as the 70s and 80s.

#23 ·
Mass Appeal.

Despite enthusiast/niche demand for guns like P7s and MP5s, the market at large has had other interests for decades now, not the least of which are polymer constant action pistols and AR pattern carbines.

Small shops are able to survive solely off of niche markets whose products bear a large price tag. Companies like Les Baer are a testament to this. I think HK is too big to risk tying up resources and devoting them to niche products that only have a cult following. The SP5k doesn't change this; its far too early to call it a successful comeback.

We ain't Legion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.