HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After alot of requests we finally finished a run of the new style SP5K carriers. We will be adding them to the website after the 1st.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Pardon me if this is a stupid question. I can understand replacing a Todd Baily part with your part, but why would someone replace a real HK part with your part? GARY

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To have a full auto carrier. We have already pushed out their barrel and replaced it with a Navy barrel too. It's what people want.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
Considering a HK MP5K carrier is $430-$550, yeah... I'd run a RCM carrier so I could run my sear in my SP5K. Also, a good option for those not wanting to mill out the rear carrier block.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Also, a good option for those not wanting to mill out the rear carrier block.
Somehow I thought because of the block, a full auto sear was not permitted in this gun. I don't understand why rules are made if they can be bypassed so easily. GARY

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,582 Posts
Somehow I thought because of the block, a full auto sear was not permitted in this gun. I don't understand why rules are made if they can be bypassed so easily. GARY
If I understand it correctly, RCM is making a F/A bolt carrier with a milled top like the SP5K carrier. Other MP5 style carriers RCM makes retails around $140. The other alternative is to weld the SP5K carrier with the F/A trip, which runs $125-175 plus wait time for the gunsmith to do the work and return back to you.

... and just remember there's nothing illegal about have a gun that's sear ready, but there are import restrictions that the ATF seems to change over time mostly because they don't want an easily convertible MG in civilian hands.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes these are tungsten filled. Price is about 10.00 more because of the additional operation.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SP5K Carrier.JPG Now available, NEW SP5K F/A Carrier at rimcountrymfg.com

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Mine just arrived, today. Beautifully made. Reliable cycling. Can't wait to take it for a ride.

This makes for an easy 922(r) part swap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts