HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone from an East Tenessee native. I'm pretty new to the world of H&K so expect some questions from me in the near future. I've known of their quality for a while, but this is the first one I've even handled. I recently traded, + some cash to boot, for a '95 model 100% German USP 45 in near mint condition. So far, I really like this pistol & it feels really well built. (Is it normal to want to carry it around the house and pet it like a puppy for the first few days or is that just me?) The guy that had it before me didn't shoot it much and kept it locked away in a safe most of it's life. I think it's time to give it some fresh air & of course TLC. Any advice or comments are always welcome. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
783 Posts
GREAT GUN!!!! great pics! . my advice.. take it for what it's worth... just put it on a leash with some wheels then tie that around ur waist and you're good to go.. expect this to last for months, years... different for everyone!
Fresh air is a must. It's kind of like a Gremlin with different rules.

Definitely get it some fresh air and post a range report and pics! HK's in .45 are the ultimate.

Congrats again and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not only is it normal to want to carry it around the house and pet it. I think it specifically states this as a requirement in the HK owners handbook. I have had my P30
.40 for about three weeks now and I have callouses on my palm because I hold it every chance I get. It's been to the outhouse with me a couple of times too! Going to pick up my second 30 in 9mm today. Now I I just have to figure out a way to wipe.

Welcome, Congrats and Enjoy while you still have a free hand!!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Nice looking USP .45 Gary.

Welcome to the forum and it was nice doing business with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts