HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to HK clones and the forum. I have a Greek EBO. Ordered a new buttstock from RTG as well as a mounting hardware kit. Two questions.

I've found the large buffer screw isn't long enough to engage the buffer. Is it a problem to install the buffer without the buffer screw?

Is there a trick to getting the buttpad onto the stock? Those clips are pretty tight. I've found just trying to push it on while in a vice didn't work and im afraid a mallet might break the buttpad.

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
You can install the stock without the big buffer screw and be OK. The stock will, in theory, be stonger with it in place though. It would bug me until I figured it out and installed the screw correctly.
The butt pad can be installed with sharp application of brute force. Align the pad and give it a good whack, it'll pop right in place. Don't be shy with it.
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, i kinda figured it would involve gorilla power just wanted to confirm first. I tend to be paranoid about breaking things when it comes to my guns.

The screw thing is a real head scratcher, can't figure why it's not long enough to get to the buffer. Maybe its the modern construction of the stock i have?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello all, new to HK clones and the forum. I have a Greek EBO. Ordered a new buttstock from RTG as well as a mounting hardware kit.
I have a SAR 8 myself, so I'm assuming that you replaced the thumbhole style stock that it was imported with. You may already know this, but I just want to make sure you know that you have to comply with the 922r rules if you change it from its 'sporterized' configuration. You'll need 7 US made parts to make the rifle compliant. You can find out more by searching the forums or by looking here:
922r Compliant HK 91 Parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts