HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my sl8 today.

A few things were disappointing though, first off the reciever is different than the one sold in Canada so I can't convert it to accept G36 mags also the accessories were kinda crappy. The multitool and sling seem ok but the lock is a crappy chinese one and the spare mag is a promag 15 rounder(?) I would have rather it came with an Abloy cable lock and a 2nd HK mag...

That said this gun rocks. I love the ambi bolt handle and looks of the gun. I haven't shot it yet but I can't wait to see wot it groups like(especially after I get the 3x optic.) :)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
nice rig, me likey............

·
Registered
904 Posts
Tommy Bostic does great work if your looking to do some upgrades.

Sent from my Thunderbolt in the future, using SkyNet

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just cuioun, on hdps website ed says that the barrel on the last batch of sl8's are tighter than the spec's in the armers manual, and cannot be removed to replace with a shorter barrel? Is this still the case? If so what do most people do when the convert to a "g36" clone?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have yet to see an sl8 with a different barrel so its probably right. I don't mind the barrel(or the stock) its the magwell and mags I wish I could change(because Magpul has those $25 G36 mags...) ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
A few things were disappointing though, first off the reciever is different than the one sold in Canada so I can't convert it to accept G36 mags also the accessories were kinda crappy.
Canada regulates/restricts the magazines, so they don't have to have the indented receiver. I actually watched a Canadian dealer/importer punch and pin a few AR magazines before he could take them into Canada.

The U.S. only restricts the capacity on imported weapons, not domestic production. So, the imported receiver is indented to prevent domestically available double stack magazines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts