HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NEW for me..I have had this thing for over a month now. but have not had the time to try it out. it's made by YHM Sound Technologies.this one is called the Phantom. for the 7.62 guns.. (also works with the 5.56 guns)and yes it's full auto rated..as any one tryed this one out yet?
looking forward to running a few belts out of it soon.

if it works like i think it will ill pick up. the coming soon adapter
for my Springfield armory M21

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Cant wait for the AAR Big Duke!

Havn't heard anything about them, any belt fed gun with a can is sweet! :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i got mine for the Hk guns 1/15 when i did the order back at the start. AUG

but i am going to put the back half. from a Hk flashhider on mine(Q.D. MOUNT)
will cut it down (THE FLASH HIDER THAT IS) so it covers the flutes on the BBL. then tack it the the Q.D.mount.. then send it in to YHM.and see if they could make them like it...sure would look better when it's on the weapon...

i think it will look anyway.

and yes i asked them if they make one for the SOCOM II or the M1A...not yet...but soon!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I like the YHM stuff. I have there 9mm Wraith QD and the 22 MITE. All are full auto rated and have the lifetime warr. I just sent off my paperwork on the new 5.56 Stainless QD can for my M16.Now the waiting begins.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looking forward to running mine on the 21. the gun runs so smooth. at this point.. i want to see if the Suppressor. makes it even better..

we are selling so much Bulk ammo at work. it's not funny
i see guys packing it out.by the truck load!

i want to shoot! it!!!

sold a AR50 to a guy last night at work
i installed a lepold)spelling a
8.5x25 MKIV Milldot on it with caps.

and he picked up 100 rds of ball ammo.

was telling him it shoots so smooth with a suppressor. he asked me how to get one.. and sent him to a buddy...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Have you tried your .308 YHM suppressor on a .223? How does that perform? I am not really looking for stealth, but just to reduce the noice when shooting so the neighbors won't complain.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Duke--I've got the YHM QD Phantom 7.62. I've not shot it with any of my .308 rifles yet; however, I've used it on three of my .223's. I've used it for full-auto fire on my V53 and I've been able to go without earmuffs. It's still plenty loud but not uncomfortable and we both know that .223/5.56 is very difficult to suppress. I'm very anxious to use it on my PTR91. I love the QD feature and have purchased several extra QD flash hiders of the appropriate sizes. I'm not certain if is shows on their website, but YHM DOES have the QD flash hiders in the 15x1 RH threading for both 5.56 and 7.62. My V53 has the 1/2x28 threading and I got one of those flash hiders too.

One thing I noticed in the instructions was that YHM recommended not permanently installing the QD flash hider; however, I wasn't exactly clear on why. YHM sells crush washers for both 7.62 and .223 and it seems to me the best way to go so that the flash hider will be properly indexed AND won't try to come off the weapon when it gets hot or when you try to remove the suppressor. My flash hiders will all be attached using the proper crush washers.

I really like the QD setup and I think YHM has done a good job with this design. One thing to keep in mind is that this can gets VERY hot VERY quickly; however, this is not unusual either. I'm so happy with this unit, I'm going to purchase the 5.56 version in stainless steel early next year. Good luck and enjoy!

NEW for me..I have had this thing for over a month now. but have not had the time to try it out. it's made by YHM Sound Technologies.this one is called the Phantom. for the 7.62 guns.. (also works with the 5.56 guns)and yes it's full auto rated..as any one tryed this one out yet?
looking forward to running a few belts out of it soon.

if it works like i think it will ill pick up. the coming soon adapter
for my Springfield armory M21

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I didn't trust the website--I telephoned and spoke with them and they hooked me up. I even put one of the 7.62 15x1 flash hiders on my Spanish FR-7. ;)

I was looking at these too, they are competitively priced and full auto rated. The only reason I did not buy one yet is that they did not have an adapter for the HK threads. They seem to have one now, but it is out of stock.

http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/phantom762.html

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
I haven't tried my 7.62 Phantom on my V93 yet, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna be even quieter than it is on my V53 SBR. Be sure to use eye protection as there is a pretty good amount of blowback.

Have you tried your .308 YHM suppressor on a .223? How does that perform? I am not really looking for stealth, but just to reduce the noice when shooting so the neighbors won't complain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't own a YHM yet, but they came down to our club in the summer and did a demo. They had all their cans and a few demo rifles to try them on. I was really impressed with their stuff. Relatively inexpensive and all seemed to be full auto rated. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. A few of the guys from our club own YHM suppressors and love them. YMMV

·
Registered
106 Posts
diesel1959 said:
; My V53 has the 1/2x28 threading and I got one of those flash hiders too!
Don't the .223 and .308 HKs have the same threads on the flashhiders? I thought they are all 1 x 15.

Oh, and i heard that the YHM 308 Phantom will come out in SS next year.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
Don't the .223 and .308 HKs have the same threads on the flashhiders? I thought they are all 1 x 15.

Oh, and i heard that the YHM 308 Phantom will come out in SS next year.
I do believe you are correct when it comes to factory HK 53/33/93 and 51/91/G3 weapons. My duty Vector V53 Pistol was custom ordered from Vector with 1/2x28 threading on the barrel. I later SBR'd the weapon and then when the department got registered HK trigger packs, one went on this weapon. All my other Vectors in .223 have the standard HK threading of 15x1 RH, just like my PTR91.

I spoke with Steve at YHM this afternoon and he mentioned that they are currently all out of the .308 QD Flash Hiders with 15x1 RH threading. I'm sure they'll have more soon. I ordered a couple more of the .223 QD Flash Hiders with 1/2x28 threading for our future 416's.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have yet to find any negative comments on the YHM can. I am going to buy one tomorrow. Hopfully by the time the paperwork goes through they'll have more of the HK adaptors.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts