HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's new as in Unfired. The original owner replaced the trigger group and buttstock with units for a PSG-1. I know this because the receiver is only marked SR9, rather than SR9TC - and it came with the original stock and trigger group. It also came with a brass catcher and 5 steel magazines (1 5 round, 2 10 round, 2 20 round). They were asking $4000 but I got it for $3750.

Since I know this thread would be useless without pictures:

After adding a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x scope:

Now all that's left to do is see how it shoots. :D

·
Registered
754 Posts
Excellent Rig you have there. I really like all viper pst scopes I have been seeing recently. Great glass for the money and it comes with parallax adj too. Find some FGMM ammo and sand bags if you don't already have them and let us know how she shoots. congrats!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I just got 200 rounds of Gold Medal Match via UPS a couple of minutes ago. I'll be hitting the range later and I'll be sure to take the camera. I'll post pictures of targets probably this evening.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A little later that I'd planned, but better than never. Here are the results thus far in shooting my new rifle:

That's 20 rounds of M118 Special Ball.

Twenty rounds of 168 grain Gold Medal Match.

And finally 20 rounds of 175 grain Gold Medal Match.

You can probably see where I moved the sights around. I was also dealing with some pretty wicked wind. Even at 100 yards it was having an effect.

I fired a total of 75 rounds, so the rifle is probably not entirely broken in yet. I encountered a problem where the bolt would fail to close completely after cycling, but only on three rounds: the 2nd, 3rd, and 12th. It looks like there's potential for good accuracy here. The next time I go out, I'll be trying various handloads.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Nice rig. Is your PST a FFP? I recently bought a PST 6-24x50 FFP and it's a great unit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts