HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I am obviously a new member to this forum.

I am an HK usp40 full size owner for some time now, and recently aquired a usp40 compact stainless for 500$ (in great condition besides a rub mark on one of the sight edges). The usp40 full size I had my local gunsmith install an hk compensator on it and match trigger setup. Maybe add a jet funnel and buy some expert 16 rnd mags down the road.

Well my usp40 compact only came with one magazine, HK factory 12 rnd mag... labeled for .357 sig. From my understanding that is the same mag as the .40 but I want to be sure. I have put a limited number rounds through it and not had any problems feeding thus far, but I am curious to confirm the .357 sig mag is not going to cause me any headaches with more use? In a case of home protection or if I use it as my ccw, I need reliability.

Additionally, when I went to a local gun shop to buy 2 more hi-cap mags for it... I was told that I could get a 12 round or 16 round? I specified that they need to confirm that we were talking about mags specifically for a usp40 "compact" and not the full size mags. In one breathe they said full size hk 40 mags would work in my compact (which is wrong I thought http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6128), but even so that these are for a compact specifically. I am confused since I have not found anything when researching here and other places on my own to confirm that the 16 rnd hi cap mags are truely compatible with my compact? The biggest is the 12 rnd correct?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
JF is for full size 9mm and .40 only unless you do a LOT of modifications and make your own mags. The JF also does not fit the full size USP .45 unless you do quite a bit of modifying. It is not a bolt on, drop in, buy a mag proposition for the USP .45 or ANY Compact. If you have enough money, time, and will power you can do anything but no, the JF is ONLY for the full size 9mm and .40 pistols and the only extended capacity mags available are the 18 round white 9mm mags, 31 round 9mm mags, and the 16 round white .40 mags. None of these fit the Compact.

.357 SIG and .40 Compact mags are in fact one in the same.

The only mags available for the Compact is 10 round and 12 round mags. The 13 and 16 round mags are again only for the full size .40.

Find yourself a new HK dealer or double check everything he tells you because he is VERY uninformed.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok, so its as I figured... guess my full size will be the only one getting the JF and the expert mag.

However... as I posted the link to... whats these mags they are trying to sell me saying they will fit a compact? I think they are trying to scam me on some junk mags that claim 16 rnds.

http://www.guns4ever.com/catalog.php?type=product&id=96154
http://www.abcoutdoors.com/home.php?type=product&id=96154

Yes that place is very uninformed and it does not help that I am still learning whats out there for HK's, I appreciate the responce so far. I already have a much better hk dealer here somewhat locally, he just was not open when I was out looking for guns and stumbled upon this compact stainless. That when I inquired about mags.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I have never seen or heard of these mags. I have also never seen HK mags with those types of floor plates. I think those or Pro-Mag and those are pretty much junk. I do not think those are genuine HK parts.

By the way, you cannot put the JF on the full size .45 either without modifying the gun and making your own mags. HK makes no mags that will work with the JF on the USP .45 and you will need to modify the lanyard loop also for it to work on the .45.

The more I look at them I think that whoever made those adds is a very confused individual and has absolutely no idea what they are talking about or selling. These mags don't look like any HK so I think they have got JF mags, compact mags, and aftermarket mags all confused.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh sorry, I have a .40 full size not a .45 like I typed apparently on the first post... sheesh I am a mess... typo corrected, I kept wondering why you were replying with the .45 info until I reread my own post.

Lesson here for us new people... proof-read your posts. :680: Thats what I get I guess for typing too fast while in my office at work, on break.

I went ahead and ordered 2-12 rnd mags from my normal hk dealer I deal with, who also say those mags must be misadvertised or junk. They also have a line on another usp for me I think. Trying to see if the guy wants to sell it, its a fullsize pre-'01 stainless slide .40... but not sure if I can talk him out of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts