HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Same story as many others I'm sure. Just started buying some Handguns at the beginning of the year. Started with a set budget and the intention of getting a VP9 but then saw a used USP 9mm in the case so that's what I went home with. After that the wife and I strayed off from HK for a Kimber Micro 380 and Glock 43. The wife said she would like a 9mm to shoot other than her 380 so we looked at a lot of options and walked out with a P30sk. This HK thing is starting to get addicting, looking forward to learning lots and spending too much money.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice acquisitions, now you need some nail polish remover :wink:

Welcome!
Yes I do, that is my one gripe about the USP is the highlighted markings. Guess that's what you risk with a used gun. Will have to give that a try.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As Ohio goes, so goes the nation. Maybe it will be HK time to shine soon.
I'd be fine with that...I need to add more to my collection and lust after an MR556.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thought I'd post the question here and think I already know the answer. Local GS has a HK45 Tactical in FDE used for 995. Believe it had the 2013 date code on it and a little bit of visible holster wear on the left side of the slide but nothing crazy. Good buy at that price? New ones go for close to 1300 right? I think Im going to put it on layaway tomorrow.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Necro post...so, back in April I took the plunge and it's great.

Also, a friend of mine picked up a MR556 that has the 14.5" Geissele Rail already on it. Can't wait to put some rounds through that and get one for myself.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Saw you got the 45, I have a tactical as well. Looks like you are having fun delving into the world of pistols. I've been into it since early 70s Infantry experience. It's so much fun to try out new platforms, calibers, and shooting places. So easy to become a collector. Or get obsessed with customizing our " toys "

Once I had the $$, it got even more involved. Along the way I forgot why I had firearms to begin with; protection of my life & others. I assumed because I was once highly trained I would retain that skill w/o constant work. For me - not so. A few Competition matches were a rude awakening.

I went back to basics. Put thousands of rds through my primary CCW, took pistol courses & vowed to not keep guns I was not experience with, fast & dead on accurate -including my shotgun.

That was decades ago. I've continued on that track. I remind myself that owning a baby grand piano doesn't make me concert pianist - no matter how expensive or beautiful it is.

Good fortune in your endeavors
Ret

1 - 14 of 14 Posts