HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forums, and I thought this might fit in here since it is a pretty newbie question. I recently acquired an AR-15 in trade for a suzuki motorbike I didn't have running, and I have been trying to find a nice Carry/Range gun to trade for it.

Ive been offered an HK USPc .45, date code KI. Claims to be original owner, and in the past year and a half they have owned it, put about 100 rds thru it. Comes with box, extra mag, and 2 boxes of ammo.

A fair price I would put on the AR-15 would be about $900 if you broke it down (Rock River Arms A4 Upper half with 20" moly barrel, and New Frontier LW-15 Lower). Ive mostly shot rifles, so this would be my first personally owned handgun, save for a kel-tec p-3at i keep for home protection, so id say Im a novice pistol shooter.

An opinions on if this is a good trade or not? Should I be concerned about the HK being manf in '98? Any feedback would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you truly value the AR at $900. then no, this is a listing from another member "lahilljack" he runs his own ffl from home and this is his every day price for brand new.
.USPc 45 #704531-A5, V1, safety\decocker, fixed sights and 2-8rd mags. $865 shipped
If you are willing to trade and lose "value" but not cash, and have no use for the AR, then its up to you. But you can get a better deal on that pistol. Just my .02

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would have to agree with chango. Great gun but $900 is high for a used USP 45c. If you want to get a compact 45 and get rid of the AR in question you would be better off selling it outright and having more options for your first handgun purchase. As far as the date code, I would personally not be concerned that the gun was manufactured in 98 but still think you can get a better deal.

·
Registered
881 Posts
If you truly value the AR at $900. then no, this is a listing from another member "lahilljack" he runs his own ffl from home and this is his every day price for brand new.
.USPc 45 #704531-A5, V1, safety\decocker, fixed sights and 2-8rd mags. $865 shipped
If you are willing to trade and lose "value" but not cash, and have no use for the AR, then its up to you. But you can get a better deal on that pistol. Just my .02
+1 I agree with chango872

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also comes with both mags, 2 boxes of hornady CD Ammo, and a molded holster.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Also comes with both mags, 2 boxes of hornady CD Ammo, and a molded holster.
2 boxes of ammo and a holster=$75?? Maybe(unless it is a milt sparks!!)
All HK's come in a case with two magazines(plus other goodies)
the date code doesn't bother me, I bought a KF date code USPf .40 in January that runs like a champ. However it is a used 1998 gun versus brand new. If it were me, I would get the pistol. AR's are a dime a dozen and you can always find/build one of those cheap. The asking price is high like I said before but if you got rid of something you didn't want and it costs you nothing out of pocket, AND will make you happy then do it.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
just had this discussion on another forum about a franken-ar. if it was mine i would gladly trade it for the uspc but then again, i dont like mis-matched ar uppers and lowers. probably why you are having a hard time moving it, if it was all rock river it would be an easier sell.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ask for $250 and the USPc. It's not unusual to pay $650-700 for a used USPc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just had this discussion on another forum about a franken-ar. if it was mine i would gladly trade it for the uspc but then again, i dont like mis-matched ar uppers and lowers. probably why you are having a hard time moving it, if it was all rock river it would be an easier sell.
Yea, I'm noticing that. Also, the lower is a new product, and I've noticed polymer lowers haves bad stigma because of plum crazy's having some common failure points.

·
Registered
854 Posts
the polymer lowers have bad voodoo because of Bushmaster's POS they released too--Carbon-15

Thats still kinda crazy...around here ARs are gone the minute they are listed...must be all the ********

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
If you do a thread search, you will find discussions about this, its the length of the bullet vs bore length or something, anyways the hornady seems to come from the factory just a litlle bit longer in OAL then the other manufacturers and this causes FTE & FTF issuess. Just use any other ammo.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-rookie-corner/145753-hornady-ammo-problems.html

curious...because both my USPc and my USP in .40 have eaten several hundred rounds of XTPs i reloaded--and i have so far not had a single round FTF or FTE...and I carry Hornady TAP ammo (after cycling 250 rounds flawlessly) and again have never had any issues--my experience is that Hornady ammo is second only to Speer Gold Dots in 180gr...

Thanks for the link though--im gonna check into this

1 - 17 of 17 Posts