HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All! I hope you can help me out with a few questions I have, as I am fairly new to HK stuff. I recently bought a HK 94, NIB. All HK factory, no parts kit junk. However, I am having extreme trouble finding parts for it, as in magazines. It has a odd looking barrel shroud with a handle on it and I absolutly hate that. I was wondering if someone makes other "cooler" looking attachments to cover the long barrel? Also, how durable is this thing going to be? I once fired a friends Special Weapons kit-type 94 and it didnt function well at all and was generally pretty shoddy. I have also had many run-ins at gun shows with rather poor HK parts kit rifles in many formats, these being the reason I decided to pursue an original. So what exactly is the expected service life of this thing? It seems very well made and sturdy. I hope I made a decent choice for a light rifle on this one! Any/all info or opinions are more than welcome. thanks all!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Very Good!
That weapon will last forever if it's properly maintained.
In the course of it's life you may have to replace a firing pin/spring, extractor/spring, barrel, recoil spring and various small parts. But, the receiver will be there until you get tired of it.
You can get a fake can for it to cover up the barrel. There is also an SD shroud with a fake can that will work on it.
You couldn't have made a better choice on a name brand. Well, at least in our (board members) opinion.
Just remember to save up for a sear!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome aboard,

If you're looking for stuff for your 94, I have some links one my website that will point you in the right direction. Goto the "Shooting Links" page.

http://home.insightbb.com/~toneboy2000/

There are also some pics of my HK-94 after I finished hotrodding it. That being said, I never actually shoot my 94 with all the stuff on it

As far as mags go, I bought a pile of them from a fellow board member. Here's a link to the post:

http://boards.hkpro.com/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=002025&p=1

If you have any questions, follow up to my reply. I'd be glad to help you out any way I can.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Thespy515:
Greetings All! I hope you can help me out with a few questions I have, as I am fairly new to HK stuff. I recently bought a HK 94, NIB. All HK factory, no parts kit junk. However, I am having extreme trouble finding parts for it, as in magazines. It has a odd looking barrel shroud with a handle on it and I absolutly hate that. I was wondering if someone makes other "cooler" looking attachments to cover the long barrel? Also, how durable is this thing going to be? I once fired a friends Special Weapons kit-type 94 and it didnt function well at all and was generally pretty shoddy. I have also had many run-ins at gun shows with rather poor HK parts kit rifles in many formats, these being the reason I decided to pursue an original. So what exactly is the expected service life of this thing? It seems very well made and sturdy. I hope I made a decent choice for a light rifle on this one! Any/all info or opinions are more than welcome. thanks all!<hr></blockquote>

Barrel Shrouds with handles were not part of any HK94 NIB. You may want to check to see just how much else of your HK94 is really HK. If you want an SD type shroud, you can get one at www.brasscatchers.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
Renegade,
I got a brand new in the box HK94A3 in 1985 for < $600 from The Bullet Stop in Smyrna, GA that came with (1) 15 round mag, (1) 30 round mag, sling, manual, paper work and vented shroud with handle. HK did ship at least some of these to dealers with shrouds, OEM'd, but from HK indeed, as I opened my box myself. Just an FYI.
Jay

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I too remember the 94's coming with the barrel shroud and vertical handel. I alway's thought it looked silly and preferred to leave it off. The fake "SD" suppressor slip over was all plastic and looked it. I sure wish I had kept my 94 in hindsight. But I sold it to fund an HK911.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HK even shows the 94 with the shroud and foregrip in thier last catalog, and I remember seeing it in a few old ads printed when the gun was still for sale. I think it looks better with a normal fake can and no foregrip though. Unless you go the kac rail + foregrip route of course.

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: BobaFett ]</p>

·
Registered
32 Posts
The plastic SD shroud is a bit larger in diameter than a real SD fore-end and can. If you want to get closer to an MP5SD, Red Dog Tactical Supplies does a permanent conversion for about $2800. They weld a fore-end cage onto your receiver, and thread the base of the barrel to attach the threaded replica can. On the downside, the fore-end cage precludes the use of the surefire fore-end with built-in flashlight. RDTS can take a while to finish, but they are artists, not craftsman. Their site is www.rdts.com . Congratulations on your procurement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
FWIW, I bought one of those plastic SD shrouds. For the money, it does make the 94 look better (it covers the ugly skinny barrel) but I wouldn't trust it to hold up to any kind of abuse. I picked up the B&T forearm w/rails, a KAC vertical foregrip and E&L's solid shroud (attached with set screw, not their foregrip). The whole thing. IMHO, is solid as a rock, makes the 94 look much better and it feels good to.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thanks guys, I stand corrected. Mine just came with the 16 inch barrel, just like in the ad. I never realized that shroud was a factory option, I always thought it was aftermarket.

[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: Renegade ]</p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts