HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I have been browsing here for a bit, and cant seem to find the answer to a couple of questions. I am ordering an HK USP-C .45, variant 1, and I am a lefty, so naturally, i want to switch the control lever to the right side of the frame. I tried emailing this question to HKpartsonline, but the email wouldn't work for some reason.

My question is, to do this, do I need ANY other parts, other than the V2 control lever? Does the detent plate have to be switched, or does it just get moved to the other side?

Second question, is since I am new to HK, i've seen the term "riding the safety". What exactly does this mean? I have seen it in a few posts, but cant figure out what it means.

Thanks guys, and let me say, I'm glad to about to be an HK owner. I loved the USPC 45 since I first rented one at the range, and have finally gotten around to getting one. Cant wait to get to the range!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can't help with the first, but the second question..

The safety on the USP clicks down to fire. So if you keep your thumb on the safety it's very easy to click it down and pull the trigger in one motion. Just keep your thumb there on top of the safety and you'll have a good firing grip. You may find it decocks on the recoil though so if that happens just readjust your grip a little.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it appears that from looking at all of the pics and blown up diagrams at the links I have found on here, the detent plate is marked 1+2, or 3+4, so it would appear that you just move it to the other side of the gun for a left handed model. Thats just what I am getting from the pics.

Can someone confirm this? and, if this is the case, do you still put the pin in from the right, or is it switched as well?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The detent plate stays in the same position. All you need to do is replace the control lever.
So the detent plate doesn't move to the other side along with the control lever? How does this work? Doesn't one of the notches in the control lever grab the detent plate somehow?

Does anybody know the best place to find one of these levers? I've tried HK customer service several times, and because of my job, it's very hard to get a call back. When Jeff does call back, I'm at work, and cant answer the phone.

I've tried hkpartsonline.com, but the phone number gives me a fast busy signal. Local armorers are no help either. They laugh at me and say welcome to dealing with HK :mad:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
The detent plate stays exactly where it is. The control lever comes across from the other side to operate it so all you need to get is the correct control lever.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts