HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Started shooting about 3 months ago, been using a Glock 19. Didn’t feel right in my hand. Stumbled into a P30 while going to the range and man it just felt so good. Wound up with what I know now is a V3 with nights. Needless to say a week later it was in my home lol.

i know people have bashed this trigger system but I find it very controllable. Maybe because I’m new and don’t know any better but I find it much easier to control than the Glock.

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Welcome aboard!
if it works for you, that's what matters.
Keep an eye on the Training Opportunities page, Hkpro and Teufelshund Tactical have classes to help you learn to get the most from that firearm.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,004 Posts
Hi all!
Started shooting about 3 months ago, been using a Glock 19. Didn’t feel right in my hand. Stumbled into a P30 while going to the range and man it just felt so good. Wound up with what I know now is a V3 with nights. Needless to say a week later it was in my home lol.

i know people have bashed this trigger system but I find it very controllable. Maybe because I’m new and don’t know any better but I find it much easier to control than the Glock.
Welcome to the forum. This is a great community with a significant focus on knowledge sharing. Ask questions in the Handgun Section and you will find a lot of insightful perspectives here. Congratulations on a superb acquisition (P30). Have fun shooting and I second the comments about signing up for some training. Welcome!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome aboard!
if it works for you, that's what matters.
Keep an eye on the Training Opportunities page, Hkpro and Teufelshund Tactical have classes to help you learn to get the most from that firearm.
Thanks for the advice I’ll be sure to check that out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum. This is a great community with a significant focus on knowledge sharing. Ask questions in the Handgun Section and you will find a lot of insightful perspectives here. Congratulations on a superb acquisition (P30). Have fun shooting and I second the comments about signing up for some training. Welcome!!
Thank you. I’m looking forward to learning all I can!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome! Those ergos are hard to beat compared to the stock Glock offerings.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Welcome. I think the V3 is the best set up for me, long and heavier pull on the first shot and half the pull weight on the follow up shots plus putting your thumb over the hammer while holstering does give me a piece of mind. However the LEM 4.1 supposed to be best of both worlds, some hate it others love it. Try them all, it might grow on you.

Get the threaded barrel and you'll have another project [suppressor] in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome. I think the V3 is the best set up for me, long and heavier pull on the first shot and half the pull weight on the follow up shots plus putting your thumb over the hammer while holstering does give me a piece of mind. However the LEM 4.1 supposed to be best of both worlds, some hate it others love it. Try them all, it might grow on you.

Get the threaded barrel and you'll have another project [suppressor] in the future.
Man I would love to but I’m in NJ. I can get a threaded barrel but no suppressor :(. When I bought this they also had a LEM version. I played with both for a good bit and chose the V3 because it felt better to me, and safer for my rookie hands lol. It wasn’t until I got him and did the usual “now I’ll look into it” thing haha and found out that people are on both sides of this debate.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
If you feel confident in tinkering with the gun, the reference library has DIY instructions on how to swap trigger variants, also if you are new to the HK brand, check out the "Project: Break my HK[handguns]" threads, he tried to break it, but it didn't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts