HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have owned firearms for many years I recently purchased my first HK. After much study and comparing many brands I decided to go with the HK45. I am simply amazed at the quality and design of this handgun. It is the sweetest shooting .45 I have ever owned. I have always been partial to S&W and now I find myself wanting to trade them in on HK's!

I do have a question. I will be purchasing a tac light soon. I am leaning towards the Streamlight combination light/laser. Does anyone have any experience with how this would fit and funciton on the HK45?

I also saw an ad for a similar product made by Hell Fighter. I have never heard of them but they appear to be about half of the price of the Streamlight. Does anyone know anything about their quality.

I don't want to put a "cheap" light my HK but don't want to spend anymore than I have to either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have an M6 (streamlight w/laser) and I love it, it has been great. Girlfriend bought it for me for my birthday. I put it on my buddies HK45 and it fit just fine. It is sighted in for my Glock 22 but it was working good on his HK.

Pros- having the laser on your gun and waking up in the middle of the night half asleep does help. Going out and shooting is alot of fun. The different settings allow me to have a light only, a laser only or both. Take the laser off the gun and drive your animals nuts watching them chase it around the house is funny.

Cons- finding a good affordable holster is next to impossible and I have a Glock???? Figure that out.

I would recommend getting one for the house and for shooting at the range. However I am in the market right now for a surefire x300 because of the holster issue and I think the surefire is a tad brighter. Good luck hope this helped.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the TLR-2 from Streamlight on mine >>

http://www.streamlight-flashlights.com/69120-tlr-2-streamlight-flashlights-com.html

Hard to beat it, imo. I bought it for my Sig 226 but it fits like it was made for the HK45 and has a very bright light. I bought it online for around $250.00 IIRC. Set-up / sighting in the laser took all of 5 minutes & it's nut on & has stayed that way. Very simple to activate but I wonder how easy it would be under duress as I do not have a remote switch. The range I shoot at is pretty dark & it's really nice to have proper light there.

Only downside is that it goes through batteries rather quickly when running the light and as bauerules says, hard to find a holster for it. A fresh set of CR123's lasts an hour at most & then the brightness falls off. Oh, & the labels plastered all over it were a PITA to remove. Left my camera at work but I'll try to post a pic next week.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. My local gun shop has a Streamlight TLR-2 in stock. I'm going to check it out. They want $299.00. I can also use this as an excuse to visit the range while I'm there.:62:

·
Registered
140 Posts
X300 just plain rocks. I got mine yesterday and it went on duty last night. It is very bright even compared to my X200. I don't think there is anything out there close in brightness and coverage. While on duty we compared it with a TLR and the TLR owner wants one now. The X300 rides on my HK45.
All that said though, the TLR is a good, solid and bright light. It is harder to find holsters for the TLR2 from what I hear but I'd guess that there are some out there.
Don't go cheap! You will get what you pay for and Murphy will smile. Always have a backup light(search light).
Ben

·
Registered
58 Posts
+1 On the Surefire X300. Very bright, great uniform beam quality, and supposedly indestructible, though I haven't thrown it off a cliff or run over it in a truck or anything.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah the X300 is an awesome light. If I get a chance this weekend I am going to pick one up. Do not pick up that tlr. That is way too much for a middle shelf light. There a few guys here who will sell you a X200 for a good deal now that the X300 is coming out. They will probably want to replace them and they are a higher grade and more durable than that 300.00 TLR your shop wants to sell.
I bet if you shop around and are positive you want the TLR you can probably pick it up online for alot cheaper and maybe even get some batteries in the deal as well. Trust me they are not cheap.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked out the TLR, it is nice but I decided to hold off and do some more research. The Hk45 is not my primary carry gun so the lack of holster availabilty is not really an issue. I looked at the Surefire website. They do not appear to have a combination light and laser. Unimax has a laser with a rail that would accept a light so I suppose that is another way I could go. My local shop does not have many of these types of products for me to compare so I really do appreciate the feedback from everyone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the X300 on my HK45. It is VERY VERY bright. I did not want a laser...well...because I can aim. It fits the HK45 better than the TLR. It is VERY snug against the trigger guard and slides on easy and locks in very nice and tight. I saw a comparision between the X200 and TLR series. None of them are close on the brightness at 110 lumens.

It is so blinding and if it gets shined on you...even in the day time, you will look away and be stunned. No need for a laser when the person will be stunned out of their mind.

I personally shinned my X300 on me. I had too:) It hurt and I felt it in my dominate eye (left) for about 2 hours. I saw the bulb outline for about 30 minutes.

+1 on the SureFire X300 for the HK45. It is not bulky either.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, the HK45 and X300 were made for each other. Build quality, customer service are top notch IMHO. Plus, the X300 just looks so damn good on the HK45. It's not bulky looking like some.
Surefire is testing a new light/laser combo built off the X300 from what I'm hearing. A late 08 arrival is in the cards I'm told.
Ben

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another big thumbs up for the X300. I have had a 200 for a couple of years.
The X300 is so much brighter my X200 now in the duty bag as a spare. Outside of the Military light the X300 has no real competitors.

·
Registered
131 Posts
On the Left is my X200a and on the R is my X300

1 - 14 of 14 Posts