HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a long time coming but I did it !!! about 3 weeks ago I got my hands on a P30 V3 9mm !!!!! I have been an HK fan for some time now but, the only pistols I have ever owned where Glocks, and the only reason that is... reputation. I guess what I am looking for in this, my first thread, is any suggestions on how to train myself to get better on the DA/SA trigger, coming from Glocks stricker fire trigger. My groups are not bad but, not as tight as they are with my Glock, and I know that more trigger time with my HK I will get better.... any advice or tips would be GREAT !!! thanks guys !!! also this is my first time on any kind of a forum and I am happy to be here amongst other HK fans :28:

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
First off welcome to the forum

Secondly, there are two things that will help you. Dry fire (buy some snap caps), and just shooting it. Take your time, and practice your fundamentals. Let the shot surprise you. Once you master the gun slow fire, then work on shooting faster. You chose a great pistol, and when you master it, you will love it even more.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Very good advice from the others. When you live fire at the range, fire one shot DA, one shot SA, decock than repeat...many, many times. The transition will become second nature. I wish you all the best, welcome to the forum, and enjoy that P30 !!! Bill

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I would think this goes without saying, but be extremely careful when dry firing. Use a mag that is empty with a snap cap in the chamber and dont keep a loaded mag or live ammo near ya. Safety 1st and 2nd.

Congrats on the purchase man, you will love it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I second everything everyone else has said already.

You will be amazed 1. at how much dry firing will help, 2. at how much the trigger "eases" up after 1000+ rounds. Mine lightened up a significant amount. It's no Glock trigger though, so don't expect it to be. The P30 is a different platform from a Glock, and is different from any other DA/SA platform (Sig, Beretta, etc.). Just be patient, and practice.

Work in regular DA/SA transitions into your range time. Learn the transition, especially if it will be for CCW. I regularly run a couple of mags starting in DA, follow up in SA, decock and back to ready...repeat. Start with simple double-taps, and then work in strings. This is what you will have to be able to do if you plan to use for CCW. The better you get, the faster and more precise your DA shot and SA follow-ups will be, and the better your SA shots will be in general. Before you know it, you'll be comfortable breaking shots as you finish your press out.

Just shoot the hell out of it, and everything else will work itself out.

Good luck and enjoy your P30! I have the exact same gun, and carry it daily.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very good advice from the others. When you live fire at the range, fire one shot DA, one shot SA, decock than repeat...many, many times. The transition will become second nature. I wish you all the best, welcome to the forum, and enjoy that P30 !!! Bill
funny you mention that....... I have gotten one chance to take my HK to the range (so far) and that is what I was doing !! thanks for the advice and I will keep it up

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First off welcome to the forum

Secondly, there are two things that will help you. Dry fire (buy some snap caps), and just shooting it. Take your time, and practice your fundamentals. Let the shot surprise you. Once you master the gun slow fire, then work on shooting faster. You chose a great pistol, and when you master it, you will love it even more.
thanks navyman8903 !! I really dig you videos on youtube !!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time reader and this is my 1st post :)
I have a P30L and hated the trigger, sent it off to GGI last month and got it back today!! It is like night and day!! I LOVE the the new trigger pull and reset!! Very crisp and short. I had the carry perfection package done and do not regret it. My groups so far (only 1 day of range time) are all center ring within 1 inch. My best shot group befoe the work was almost 2 inches. I would recommend Bruce Gray to anyone that wants to clean up the long trigger pull of their P30/HK45.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Long time reader and this is my 1st post :)
I have a P30L and hated the trigger, sent it off to GGI last month and got it back today!! It is like night and day!! I LOVE the the new trigger pull and reset!! Very crisp and short. I had the carry perfection package done and do not regret it. My groups so far (only 1 day of range time) are all center ring within 1 inch. My best shot group befoe the work was almost 2 inches. I would recommend Bruce Gray to anyone that wants to clean up the long trigger pull of their P30/HK45.
You've probably just confused the OP who was very happy with his V3 before your post.

He was told truthfully by several posters including me that the trigger smooths out after about 500 - 1000 rds.

Thanks for the input. :43:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You've probably just confused the OP who was very happy with his V3 before your post.

He was told truthfully by several posters including me that the trigger smooths out after about 500 - 1000 rds.

Thanks for the input. :43:
No I get it, little lost on "OP" your gonna have to let me in on that one. I will definetly give it 500-1000 rds before I even think about a trigger job.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.