HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon fellas.

I recently traded a rifle to a friend that just had to have it. In return, I received an HK usp compact in .40, with the LEM trigger.

Admittedly, I am a Glock guy;
several years ago I sold most of my autos and replace them with glocks..a G19, G23 and G30.
I did own for a while a USP tactical in 45, it was a big reliable gun.
The HK 40c was built in 2001, and less than 200 rounds thru it. In handling it, it appears as well made as any Sig, but it's modified Browning design is surely not Glock. it's in about 99.9% condition. It came with factory 3 dot whites, not nite sights.

I really like the ergonomics, and it's really quality feel, but I have not shot it, and besides reading the manual in the 'reading room' don't know much about the gun. The LEM trigger 'half cocks' the hammer, and reduces the DAO trigger to about 6 pounds. It's really not a bad trigger.

so, I'm looking for comments, good or bad about the HK, your personal experiences, and if you have any comments about the LEM trigger.

Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Nice gun, I own a 2001 USPc .40 as well. Don't know which LEM variant you have (maybe your friend knows?), so you might need to do some experimenting to see which weight suits you. But if you like that trigger dry, you are in for a treat when you go live at the range.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats budd! The USP is a fine pistol, enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LEM version is the 7 pound.
The guy I traded with bought it back in 2002, shot [from what he remembers] 3 boxes thru it, and put it away clean. It's like it sat on a shelf somewhere, unused.
Came with just one ten round mag, but I have shopped round the net and purchased some more, both new and used.

Any issues with the LEM???

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
The USPC 40 LEM was my first handgun purchase, I loved it. Fit my hand perfect and was easy to shoot well. I miss it, I never should have sold it. Great grab. Post some pics!!!

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
The LEM version is the 7 pound.
The guy I traded with bought it back in 2002, shot [from what he remembers] 3 boxes thru it, and put it away clean. It's like it sat on a shelf somewhere, unused.
Came with just one ten round mag, but I have shopped round the net and purchased some more, both new and used.

Any issues with the LEM???
Issues? Yeah, it's expensive!! It's more "fun" to shoot for me, so I find myself buying more ammo to feed the addiction. Seriously though, I looked far and wide for a reason to not convert from V1 to light LEM. Couldn't find a mechanical/reliability issue but I did run into several threads/discussions within threads about the relative safeness of carrying a light LEM with no safety. That's for another time though, and you could use the search feature to bring up all that exists on that subject anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts