HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a HK USP Compact 9mm 2 weeks ago.

It was made in 2003.

If you know HK's , you'll notice that I changed out the "bobbed" hammer for a "spur" hammer.

I like spur hammers.

I've put about 100 rounds through it and really like the way it handles.

It's sights are very small - hard for me to see.

Any advice for me on changing the sights?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Booooooty-FULLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still saving up for Heinies for my USPc I still have a couple more weeks to go. Mepro's have a narrow rear notch but are great in dark or low light shooting, XS big dot just plain suck, Trij's are decent but require some filing/fitting so I'm going Heinie. I've been shooting seriously lately and I think Heinie QWIK sights will give me that "unfair advantage".

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Gotta find me a stainless now , looks really good.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Gorgeous pistol, enjoy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've ordered a fiber optic front sight for it and will install it after the holiday.

Man I know I'm old ... but the factory sights are small & dull to me.

I've now put over 100 rounds through it w/o a burp.

I'm going to start carrying it after another 100 rounds .

It's fairly light.

It's great to shoot.

IMHO

:17:

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I've ordered a fiber optic front sight for it and will install it after the holiday.

Man I know I'm old ... but the factory sights are small & dull to me.

I've now put over 100 rounds through it w/o a burp.

I'm going to start carrying it after another 100 rounds .

It's fairly light.

It's great to shoot.

IMHO

:17:
What are you going to use for the rear?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't decided on the rear yet.

I may not change it out ... I've got to wait and see how the fiber optic front works for me on this gun.

I have front fiber optic sights on several of my guns.

And I barely see the rear sight because the bright green front sight is so easy to see.

On my XDm and M&P the rear sight came in a flat black .

And they work well for me.

Do you have a suggestion?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Do you have a suggestion?
Ha! Don't ask me sir. I have been playing the "night sight game" with my HK's for a couple years now. The trijicons on my HK45c were by far the best sights I ever had on a HK but HK CS says Trijicons on HK's make them shoot high... So now with my USPc I'm saving up for Heinies and should have them by the end of September. I can let you know what I think in about 30 days Lol. Sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I like that 9..
I am so indecisive with sights also.
I do like the way Heinie's look on a HK.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the fiber optic front sight installed today

Wow what a difference that makes

I can actually see it now

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Welcome Home Don! Love your new USP Compact 9mm! I added a spur hammer to mine too, and converted to V9 to eliminate the de-cock, and installed a HK45C mag release on it. Still not decided what sights Im putting on, since it now belongs to my finance` I will let her decide. Shoot it in good health and often!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you - I've already become fond of it.

I concealled carried it today for the 1st time.

It rides easy.

:600:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
New to H&K forum but been around H&K stuff for over 25 years. Here is a set up I did with my HK UPS 45. I put a Green Fiber Optic front sight paired with an MMC adjustable combat sight rear with white dots. Only problem is I have been trying to contact MMC sights for another set up and I am not sure if they are out of business or not. Another good adjustable rear sight would be a Meprolight "Tru Dot" night sights. Amazon.com: Meprolight Heckler and Koch Tru-Dot Night Sight for USP Full Size .40 and .45 Caliber, Tactical and Expert - Adjustable Set with Green Rear and Front Sight: Sports & Outdoors . The rear is adjustable, comes with a front night sight also. I use mine for plate matchs and it shoots right on. If I cannot get another MMC rear sight I will go with the Tru Dot and modify it a little. Good luck with yours.
hiker45acp

1 - 20 of 22 Posts