HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a nice used HK45c - light lem. I really like the way it is put together - it reeks quality. Had a few questions: anyone carry one of these in a Raven or K25? Light oil or light grease (or both) for lube? Longtime Glock/Walther user for concealed carry and I'd like to start using this one as my 'winter' gun. I hardly use any lube on my G19 or PPS and they run fine, but I've had other guns that needed much more lube to run 100%. I'm assuming light lube is the way to go.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I use FP10. The manual states how much lube to use. Usually a tiny touch with a qtip soaked with lube does it for me. Drops of lube running down the frame or slide is considered "Heavy lube" in the manual. I think HK's can run dry like Glocks. I used to have a Raven concealment, great holster and held my HK45c close to the body so a light jacket with the flat floorplates and Raven @ 3 o clock would conceal perfectly 99.9% of the time.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the new gun! HK45c will most likely be my next purchase.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I really really want either an HK45, HK45C, or P30L for my next purchase. The P30L is being ruled out for now since they don't offer a version without the decocker in the rear of the slide. Congratulations on your purchase!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I usually use RIG on the slide exterior and a bit on the barrel exterior. I use a bit of oil along the slide-frame interface and by the recoil spring/rod.

-DE

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats! I have a 45c Light LEM on order starting tomorrow. I plan on oiling it like my Glocks and Xds. 5 drops total (frame, barrel and slide) should be sufficient.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the new HK pistol! Won't be dissapointed

·
Registered
865 Posts
Congrats on the HK45c pistol, You've purchased one of the finest combat firearms known to mankind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts