HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a USP 40 V3 departmental trade-in from a local LE distributor. It’s my 3rd HK; I have a Grade B P7 PSP and a HK45. The only other 40 cal I have is a Gen 1 Glock 23 that I did a .25 cent trigger job on and no longer carry. I inspected a crate load of USPs and picked one that looked like it was carried very little (some were pretty beat). The green & orange night sights are about 50%. I got 3 LE/Mil mags dated 10/94. $500.00 out the door.

I took it to the range and put 100 rounds of WWB through it. I have to say it’s the best shooting 40 cal I have ever shot. Nowhere as snappy as my G23 or my buddy’s XDm. Dead on accurate; I was keeping 2”-3” groups doing some casual standing at 15 yards. The SA trigger was pretty crisp, with juts a hint of take-up. The DA pull was long, but not especially heavy or stacking. I have to say the best trigger I’ve felt on a plastic gun; better than my HK45.

I was surprised to see that none of the magazines had metal feed lips. Nonetheless they all fed well from locked the slide back after the last round. I’ve never been one to drink the HK cool aid. I’ve wanted a P7 since I was a teen and traded a SW686 for it when the opportunity presented itself. I drooled over the HK45 hoping it would the next military sidearm, but when the JSP program fell through I made it appoint to get one and have one of early German made models.

All-in-all I am very impressed with this gun. It’s making me think I should have gotten one a lot earlier. Am I sipping the cool aid or what?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Glad you like it.

Just a FYI, the mags aren't dated. the 10/94 refers to the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, which is no longer in effect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts