HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello.

First off, I am a former LEO from the Southside of Chitown and now living in TX. I am a AR-15, 1911 and GLOCK armorer. I've carried a SIG P228, Glock 22 and 35 and Kimber TLE in my career as a Patrolman.

I bought a HK USP 45 Variant 1 w/ stainless slide new in 95 but had to sell it in 98 to buy my duty weapon...It was the only gun I really regretted selling.

As much as I like the 1911, I found a decent trade for a HE USP 45 (Variant 1) and said goodbye GLOCK 17 w/ RMR. I found that the RMR was "neat," but I am faster with irons.

Due to the fact that I carried a 1911, I have a "bad" habit of riding the safety, so I am in the process of changing over the Var 1 to Var 9.

I hope to learn a little more about these fine pistols and continue to contribute to this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a feeling that my USP is not going anywhere. For what it is, it truly fits my Med sized hands...it's not picky about ammo and shoots well. I might consider a match trigger down the road, but I'm still going to master SA trigger reset and see how I feel about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts