HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
super excited to be a part of the forum, look forward to tons of fun rants, speaking of which, acquired a kg era(1996) usp 40 compact, extremely excited, but first, are there any things i should immediately seek out and address due to age???overall id score it an 85 out of 100 on age quality, ill post pics as soon as i find the time :), but any advice would be greatly appreciated fellas!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Do you know the rd count. I would take it out and shoot it. I am guessing you have examined the pistol for any major issues already. I have a KG dated USP45 and its running like its brand new still. Most the changes between our USP and some newer ones are mostly cosmetic in nature.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know round count,which can be unnerving, but for a 16 year old "relic" its got pretty minimal wear outside the barrel(from cycling), slide has virtually no wear whatsoever, i was basically thinking possibly replacing the firing pin, but other than that, not much else comes to mind, ill take your advice and go feed it a couple boxes and see what happens before jump in the replacement game, thanks for the advice sir!!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like the way to go, ive owned xd's, m&p's, glocks, even a sig p229(miss that beaut!), and have always wanted to own the best, traded in a glock and a gsg .22 for the h&k, pretty good trade in my opinion, only took ten years to find the right one, hahahaha, thanks a ton for the reply fellas!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well took her to the local outdoor range, the 40 usp compact, love it! everything i expected, performed flawlessly, still have to get used to the sa/da set up, but overall, extremely happy. i will humbly admit that i pulled hard a few times, and was surprised probably 5 times out of the 150 rounds i fed it. i think if i work on technique ill be just fine. felt great in my hands, which was great, because im a half pint with medium sized hands, balance was excellent, cant say i clearly noticed all that much reduction in kick, grip does what its supposed to, no rubbed raw hands like ive heard people complain about, overall, this could easily be the last 40 i buy, in a perfect world, but we all know the wants and needs theory, hahahahaha.....

·
Registered
854 Posts
Honestly...buy mags, mags, mags...I personally keep an extra slide spring and firing pin on-hand (never needed either btw)

The USPc is build like a tank--shoot the heck out of it and don't look back...

Also, Welcome to the Forum and congrats on purchasing the best pistol platform for the money...period

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes sir, that is the plan down the road. i gotta say, for a kg model, its beautiful, and everything internally looks almost new, the range warden looked at it, and smirked at me, knowing this usp was not a regular carry, he was a tad jealous, when i told him how i acquired it, definitely worth the waiting and hunting for just the right one, it came with 2 mags as well, so here i go down the road of comparing every other firearm to my hk, gonna be a great ride. and you are right, the thing is built like a tank, but easy to manipulate, and handle. havent decided if its going to be my daily ccw or not, make fun of me if you will, but my bodyguard .380 seems to fit the bill just fine for now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
with him and i examining the barrel, recoil spring assembly,
and overall appearance on the internals, we figured it has to have less than 2000 rounds through it, and thats throwing a high number out there, so im pretty giddy about it....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice gun! I have a USP 9mm compact. I think the deminsions are the same as the 40. I like the way it shoots and feels in the hand.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Keep an eye on the Classified section OP....there are always USPc magazines floating around...Fun Fact, the USPc and P2000 share magazines...and your gun will function off either .40 or .357Sig magazines!

Now...as we put it on here...we need pictures or it didn't happen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i agree, as i said, im a medium grip and it snugs right up in my hand, now i need a 9mm, hahahaha.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tryin to load pics....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks AGG!!, ill get the pictures figured out today...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well, important a free member, and if i read it correctly im not allowed to post attachments, i.e. photos of my .40...........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts