HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone at HKPro, as the title has stated, I am new to owning a firearm. I just recently purchased a used USP 9mm V1, and was wondering what I would need to clean it after going to the range (hopefully going this weekend) and was hoping to prepare beforehand and have the items ready. On a side note, what other accessories would be essential? Thank you all for reading.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Mags, ammo, and a good pistol cleaning kit. I like RemOil but there are several other good ones. Keep it reasonably clean and well oiled and it will keep you happy.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A lot of wiser shooters than I can help you out here. RemOil is very good. .. pick up a silicone cloth while you're at it. It'll spruce up the finish on your gun in seconds.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I personally like Hoppes No. 9 solvent and gun oil for heavy cleaning my USP 40. For quick cleaning I have Remoil wipes and a Hoppes boresnake.
I second retrofit on the mags and ammo. I like the look of the Insight UTL as it was made for the USP, but would definitely not say it is essential.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I personally like something a little thicker than RemOil (CLP is my favorite, but for my Mosin Nagant, 5w30 works-long story). Gives a smoother feel IMO. Definitely invest in at least one more magazine. You won't regret that. Also, stock up on target ammunition, as you'll be using it. Snap caps are a good buy too, as they can help you practice your trigger pull whenever you want at home and are only a one time investment.

Now you'll probably want to go out and shoot it a bunch, but beware... You may get some bad shooting habits. Get some quality instruction that has you shooting more than 50 rounds. Just remember that training is probably the most important thing with a handgun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts