HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to buy my first H&K. I want to buy a 40 SW. Since I don't own one yet. I narrowed my choice down to the P2000 and I don't remember which Sig. After looking here and on H&K web site. I found out the P30 was on it's way to the States. I liked the look and feel of the P30. But alas the P30 is not in 40 SW yet. The problem I have now Is do I buy a P30 in 9MM. Or wait until the P30 40 SW hits the States Or buy the new HK45.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Myself I would get one in 9mm I don't like the 40 cal round. I have had them before and outside of being more expensive to practice with and more snappy to shoot I don't see much benefit. Especially with some of the new 9mm ammo out there like CorBon's DPX. I will stick to a nice very controlable round that I am accurate with using a nice round that is perfectly capable of doing it's job. But if I would need more hey I have 14-15 more depending on how you carry, and load.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input of the 40. I do own a Colt 45 I've had for years. So I might buy the new P30. Then save up for the new HK45. Which I like alot.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Myself I would get one in 9mm I don't like the 40 cal round. I have had them before and outside of being more expensive to practice with and more snappy to shoot I don't see much benefit. Especially with some of the new 9mm ammo out there like CorBon's DPX. I will stick to a nice very controlable round that I am accurate with using a nice round that is perfectly capable of doing it's job. But if I would need more hey I have 14-15 more depending on how you carry, and load.
+1!
Get the P30 as it is one of the best handguns available. Don't get sucked into the caliber war. Modern day 9mm will get the job done the same as the .40. Shot placement is key! You won't be dissapointed with the P30 and will be able to shoot more with the cheaper 9mm.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I prefer the .40 SW myself. However the 9mm round will do the job just fine. Get a P2000 if you want a .40 SW. The P30 is a great gun, I am sure. And you will get one eventually.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I say, get both the P30 and the new 45. Problem solved. I'm serious. My next pistol will surely be the HK45.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I say, get both the P30 and the new 45. Problem solved. I'm serious. My next pistol will surely be the HK45.
I'll buy them both. IF I can buy them brand new for $1,000. For the two of them. :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
+1 for SFGuard...I am not very impressed with the 40 up against the 9mm considering the difference in kick control etc. I would say 9mm unless you jump up to the 45. If your looking for defense the 45 is head over heals above the 40 in my opinion. For fun shooting, the 9mm is alot easier to control, rapid fire effectively etc. BUT..if you buy an HK you will be happy lol even if it's a 25 auto! :13:

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The "snap" of the .40 is greatly reduced with lots of practice with it. And thanks to H&Ks excellent recoil reduction the .40 is even easier to handle compared to other pistols of the same caliber. The 9mm is a good round too, theres room in my collection for a few of each. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,623 Posts
I'd go .40 and carry 165gr corbon in it. Buttkicking!

There is a like new in box P2000v3 in .40 over on the market place right now for $550. A steal! I'd get it myself if not for a few bills I have coming up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts