HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up today, off to the range tomorrow. Looks great, but I want trade to the B&T Stock for a factory HK model. The gun is all German HK, and the B&T just doesn't seem right anymore. Barrel is a proof marked and date coded HK 94 barrel Mike built into the K barrel. Pics are iPad and crappy lighting, don't really do the gun justice.

·
HK Shooting Team
2,798 Posts
great looking.....you will enjoy that one!

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Congates, Awesome Gun...

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
Your ipad pics are better than most that get put up on boards these days...

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice , how long did it take?
I met the TSC folks about 2 years ago at the Chantilly, VA gunshow. Last summer I took them the gun (they are local for me). The quoted time was circa 4 months, but during the project I decided to do the 94 barrel vice a contract Turkish barrel so the project was delayed by that and multiple overseas trips including a 6 month TDY I just finished. Communication was always excellent, and while I don't think TSC is always the fastest shop, their craftsmanship and attention to detail is why I think folks go with them. They did a beautiful 94 to MP5 build for me and that was delivered just when they told me it would be. They mentioned yesterday that business was picking up either due to the economy firming up a bit or due to elections, or maybe both. The are very nice to do business with, and surprisingly patient with a noob like me.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
TSC is top notch no doubt.

That is a gorgeous piece for sure. I would suggest that you keep the B&T when get the factory Choate. IMO, the B&T is much more comfortable to shoot with and lighter also. I had both and found that I pretty much always reached for the B&T when I took the PDW out to play.

Congrats on your new piece!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mike's got my PPRR mp5k right now, givin' it a little TLC. I hope it looks as nice as yours when it returns home.

Joe

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Looks great. Got to shoot my first K today. These are the coolest little guns. Yours is absolutely gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Went to the range today and function was flawless. Ate up Blazer, American Eagle, a bit of Federal +P+, this thing is the Honey Badger of subguns when it comes to ammo. B&T stock was a hit with the folks I had shooting so going to keep it for now. Only thing it needs now is a sear...

I have a short video but can't figure out how to post it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts