HKPRO Forums banner

new (used) HK4

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  softmentor 
#1 ·
Was at my local range today and spotted a used HK4. This is the 22/32 version (BTY all sn's match). Looked to be in good shape except it needs the 22 extractor. Do I need this? Heck, that's easy.....no. But yes, you guessed it, I bought it, $300. What is with this HK stuff that makes us do this I wonder? I know I am not the only person out there with this HK buying habit/problem. At least we are getting some awful nice stuff when we buy, that is certainly part of it for me, I like nice stuff.
I will be looking for the 22 extractor and would like to get the 380 bbl, spring, and magazine. Anyone know where would be a good place to obtain these?
I read on another thread that the 380 version doesn't feed HP good. Has anyone tried Cor Bon Pow'R Ball? At least on paper it looks like the shape of the polymer ball should help feeding. If/when I obtain the 380 conversion peices I will buy a couple of boxes and try it out. I will of course give feedback here.

Sig Trailside
S&W 686 Plus
HK USPc 45
HK 9mm Expert
PSP (YES!)
Kahr CW9

See less See more
#2 ·
What a find! and great price too.
If anyone has one in Southern Cal. I'm still looking.
If you are moving to So Cal, bring one, and reg it here. I'm quite sure you can get more than $300 for it here in the left coast state of Calforlornya.
Any way, did you shoot it some? How did you like it? Give us all the gritty details.
Arthur

#4 ·
it may not need the 22 extractor, I think yours was one of the german 32/22 kits(marked Bund, 22 mags orange bases) and AFAIK those just used the same extractor for all cals.

try it and see

check the buffer, it may need replacing, Numrich has them

380 barrels turn up here and there, 32 mag will work with 380, 380 mags are not easy to find but easier than 22 mags..

#7 ·
thanks landpimp, it looks like you are correct all around. I hadn't noticed the bund mark before but it is there. I swapped the parts from the 32 to 22 and it sure looks like it should work OK. This came with 4 mags for the 32 and one mag for the 22, original box and manual, special screwdriver and extractor pin tool. I'm no expert but it looks like it has rarely been fired. Blueing shows almost no wear. Double action feel rough but SA seems crisp when dry firing.
As a funny peice of trivia the front of the booklet that came with the gun lists the first 'calibre' as .308 ACP. WOW! I don't think I'd enjoy shooting that very often.
I should be able to go to the range with it later this week and do a range report and some pics.
Thanks for the feedback, this forum is great.

#8 ·
By the way, here is a link that has some useful info re the hk4. Note that they recommend high velocity ammo for the .22. you may not have thought to use that in an older gun. Apparently it needs the little more umph to get everything moving. Sounds kinda like me! and it is built to take the force of the .380 so it can definitely handle the rounds like minimag and stinger from CCI

http://remtek.com/arms/hk/civ/hk4/hk4.htm

Arthur

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.