HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hows it going guys I just picked up my second HK (NEW USP45), when I got home I took the gun apart to clean it and I saw these wear marks are these marks normal for a NEW Hk 45, I know that HK test fires one round at factory but this looks like more wear take note that i racked the slide about a dozen times or so.Thank you guys for all your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't inspect mine except to clean the packing snot off and head to the range... you'll enjoy it. Good luck!

The weird thing is that there is hardly any oil on the gun all my other handguns, rifles had a thick oil or grease from factory.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, as a point of reference... When I bought my USPf 40-brand new from the factory (or, in this case, storage)-it had loads of packing grease on it. The gun was over a year old but still brand new. I just recently nabbed a p30 v3, and it wasn't even two months old from assembly being completed until it was in my hands - no goo on it at all. Just lightly oiled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, as a point of reference... When I bought my USPf 40-brand new from the factory (or, in this case, storage)-it had loads of packing grease on it. The gun was over a year old but still brand new. I just recently nabbed a p30 v3, and it wasn't even two months old from assembly being completed until it was in my hands - no goo on it at all. Just lightly oiled.
Dose the usp 45 come with a warrenty card there wasnt one in the case

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Doesn't really matter. Were you planning on never shooting it? Those friction parts would look that way after a few hundred rounds, regardless. Unless you're implying you paid out the tushie for it because it was supposed to be NIB...

·
Registered
65 Posts
my supposedly new USP 45 that I bought from my LGS had some slight wear as well when I cleaned off the oil that was on it. yours looks a little more worn than mine did though. and also, it didnt come with a HK logo gun lock...instead just a generic gray one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Doesn't really matter. Were you planning on never shooting it? Those friction parts would look that way after a few hundred rounds, regardless. Unless you're implying you paid out the tushie for it because it was supposed to be NIB...
It does matter when you pay FULL price for something that they say is brand new. if it was used, that's fine, but I expect to pay "used" prices for it.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I've never seen a new HK that didn't look like that.

These guns are not like a brand-new Frisbee that is formed on an automated machine, and then packaged for sale all in one continuous motion. They are all "used" before they ever get to be sold as "new". . . by the factory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UPDATE: Just went to the range shot 450 rounds threw it, NO NONE SO EVER MALFUNCTION, love the gun, now I need good night sights on her.Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
It does matter when you pay FULL price for something that they say is brand new. if it was used, that's fine, but I expect to pay "used" prices for it.
I don't pay full price for any pistol, brand new or used. Helps me sleep at night ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts