HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just purchased a new USP 45 Compact V1. This is my second USP Compact. I used to have a Compact .40 but I traded it many years ago. I have been wanting a .45 lately and after much reading on here and elsewhere I decided another USP compact would be just the ticket. I have some thoughts and plans but I'd like to get some input from you guys. I have been deeply into Glocks for the last 10 or so years so I am out of the loop so to speak on H&K.

Current plans: Initially I am going to get a Raven Concealment Phantom Holster and Mag pouch as I use these with my Glocks and love them. I'll purchase a couple extra magazines and 500 or so rounds of ammo for break in and familirization. I'm going to get the armorer's manual so I can become as familiar with the USP internals as I am the Glock internals.

Here is where it gets sketchy for me. I have been reading a lot about the LEM trigger and I think I want to give the light LEM a try. I'll likely try to install this myself if it looks like this is possible with simple hand tools. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Last issue is replacement sights. I have become fond of the tritium dot front and plain rear of the Warren sights I use on my Glocks. I cannot find any sights available for the USP compact with this set up. Heinie which I also like only come in Straight Eight config. Any thoughts or ideas on this?

Appreciate any ideas or advice on this. I have four more months in Afghanistan before I can get home and do anything so there is plenty of time to get things right.

JP

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
Sound like you have your sh*t together. Stay safe over there. The USPC 45 is a great pistol. And light LEM is a tough trigger to beat.

Here is the first of three LEM install vids, it is for an HK45, but the internals are similar. There is also one for an HK45c floating around out there.
LEM Conversion Instructions (1 of 3).wmv - YouTube

Good luck brother, and get home safe.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Thank you for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!
Maybe these would work for you. There is a small line in the rear, but it is all about that BIG front.
HK USP XS Night Sights - HKPARTS.NET
I just wish Trijicon would make their HD Nite sites for HK's
Congrats on your purchase and I thank you for your service.
I emailed Trijicon inquiring of their HD sights for my HK. They said there are no plans at this time but would consider if there was enough interest. Maybe give them a shout.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Welcome Home jp0319! Good choice I think, USP Compact .45 is an amazing .45 compact fighting pistol! Watch your 6 in the sandbox and come home SAFE!

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Welcome to the site! Enjoy that new weapon. And I reccoomend the straight eights really nice sights and If they're not your cup of tea you can always trade them here or sell them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Looking at sights there just seems like there is not much in the way of sights other than standard 3 dots. I guess I'll go with the Heinie's and black out the rear dot? or I'll just use the factory rear and get a tritium front. I like the heinie's and have used them before on other guns. How is the recoil on the compact? I am used to the extremely low bore axis of Glocks which makes everything feel softer shooting. So my biggest concern going in with the H&K is recoil handeling.

I think I am going to try it with the V1 fire control at first before I swap in the light LEM, but judging from all I have read the LEM is going to be what I end up with for Carry purposes. I plan to install it myself so I can polish up the other internals while I have it apart.

JP

·
Registered
589 Posts
Recoil w/ the USPc .45 is soft and well controlled for getting back on target quickly. My wife chose that handgun (smaller hands than mine) over the 9mm versions of USPc and P2000. She preferred the recoil and controls the gun well.

My primary is the USP .45 fs. Love them both.

Get back safely and thank you for your service.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Recoil w/ the USPc .45 is soft and well controlled for getting back on target quickly. My wife chose that handgun (smaller hands than mine) over the 9mm versions of USPc and P2000. She preferred the recoil and controls the gun well.

My primary is the USP .45 fs. Love them both.

Thanks, that's good news.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Yes. Both the 8 rd and 10 rd mags are interchangeable with the USPc .45 and the HK45c. They do not fit either the fs USP .45 (fs mag is about 1/16" wider) or the HK45 fs (the fs grip is longer than the c). The fs HK45 mags do work in both the c models.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes. Both the 8 rd and 10 rd mags are interchangeable with the USPc .45 and the HK45c. They do not fit either the fs USP .45 (fs mag is about 1/16" wider) or the HK45 fs (the fs grip is longer than the c). The fs HK45 mags do work in both the c models.
Thanks that is good to know. I can use the full size 10 rounders for reload. Two rounds is two rounds.
JP

·
Registered
101 Posts
Here is where it gets sketchy for me. I have been reading a lot about the LEM trigger and I think I want to give the light LEM a try. I'll likely try to install this myself if it looks like this is possible with simple hand tools. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.
Light LEM is great. I highly recommend it. It required no exotic tools and is not difficult at all to install, except for one step where you have to hold 3 pieces (hammer, hammer insert thing, spring) together and slide them into the gun. That took me a few tries.

There are plenty of youtube videos, and there is a good set of instructions in the technical library on this site. I'm not even halfway competent, and certainly don't know what I'm doing, but it worked fine for me. I'm sure you'll be fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good luck brother, and get home safe.
Congrats! Thank you for your service.
Stay safe!
I thank you for your service.
To the OP, thanks for your service - congrats on a fine weapon and come home safe.
OP: God Bless & Thank You for your service! Come back safe & sound!
I just wanted to take a second to thank all of you for your comments, I don't usually know what to say when someone thanks me for my service except "thank you" but due to the overwelming comments I thought I would stop and say thanks to all of you. Not for my self but for your appreciation of what (we) in the military do. Many veterans of other wars and conflicts were not treated so kindly. I am happy not for my self but for the young service members today that they are appreciated and what they do matters to people.

JP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts