HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello H&K forum members. I wanted to share that today I purchased a new H&K USP Compact in 9mm for my CCW rotation. When I went to my LGS, it just felt so natural in my hand and not to thick for a double stack. I was even more surprised when I got home and weighed it on the scale, and it came in lower than what was published on the H&K web site. The double action is pretty heavy, but I suspect it will smooth out a bit after a few hundred rounds?? I already ordered 3 extra magazines and a replacement recoil spring assembly......boy was the recoil spring assembly expensive, but it was on sale. So the next stop will be the range and once I determine the POI and it's reliability, I will be CCW'ing it this fall and winter after I pick up a couple holsters for it.
Any other words of wisdom or recommendations will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I converted mine to the LEM trigger and fell in love with the gun. I doubt I would have chosen it as my ccw gun with the original DA/SA variant trigger system, but now with some trigger time on the LEM, I can perform, along with the inherent accuracy, the absolute reliability, and being able to manage the gun (into the holster) with my thumb on top of the hammer caused it to become my Glock 19 replacement after 20 years on that platform.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
a replacement recoil spring assembly......boy was the recoil spring assembly expensive
One other thing, while the entire recoil spring assembly is disposable on Glocks & M&P's that is not the design on this gun. You just replace the spring itself and the guide rod may last the entire life of the gun, springs alone are much less expensive.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Congrats on your USP Compact 9mm, they are superb fighting pistols! Made a few changes to mine to improve it.

Installed spur hammer, converted to V9 to eliminate decock, Trijicon Green night sights, HK45C mag release, and DecalGrip, love this USP! :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a Compact as well and will be going the LEM conversion soon along with match sear and hammer springs..

·
Registered
13 Posts
For holsters. Look at Garrett Industries. Leather lined kydex. Very nice holsters that protect the finish, are quiet, and smell good. HK usp compact is the best HK in my opinion.

·
Banned
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Range Results

Finally had a chance to run 100 round through my new USP C. Ammo was 115 grain reloads which show in the low impact. The left impact is a life long challenge I have had. Distance was anywhere from 25' to 100'. No malfunctions or issues of any type. Soft shooter and rapid follow up shots.
I think this is going to me my new CCW for the winter and maybe summer. As a bonus, it fits perfect in my Glock 19/23 shoulder rig so I don't have to spend more $$.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello H&K forum members. I wanted to share that today I purchased a new H&K USP Compact in 9mm for my CCW rotation. When I went to my LGS, it just felt so natural in my hand and not to thick for a double stack. I was even more surprised when I got home and weighed it on the scale, and it came in lower than what was published on the H&K web site. The double action is pretty heavy, but I suspect it will smooth out a bit after a few hundred rounds?? I already ordered 3 extra magazines and a replacement recoil spring assembly......boy was the recoil spring assembly expensive, but it was on sale. So the next stop will be the range and once I determine the POI and it's reliability, I will be CCW'ing it this fall and winter after I pick up a couple holsters for it.
Any other words of wisdom or recommendations will be appreciated.
Hey.... Would you know if it's possible to convert the USP 9mm compact DA/SA to light LEM? I'm not sure when the LEM package was 1st offered.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Light LEM is covered somewhere in Referrence Library. Yes USP Compact 9mm can be converted to Light LEM. :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
Light LEM is covered somewhere in Referrence Library. Yes USP Compact 9mm can be converted to Light LEM. :D
That's good to know... unfortunately, it still leaves behind the remnant holes of the DA/SA setup. I would like to find a USP compact that was LEM from factory (pretty sure they didn't make any) as so not to have a "converted" tell tale scars (holes). Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
That's good to know... unfortunately, it still leaves behind the remnant holes of the DA/SA setup. I would like to find a USP compact that was LEM from factory (pretty sure they didn't make any) as so not to have a "converted" tell tale scars (holes). Thanks!
My latest (old) acquisition is factory LEM with no holes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts