HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for someone who has one to fill me in. Picked up a NIB USP .45 CT today and I am very happy as I have been hunting for one for a while now. I would find one and have no money and when I had money, I couldnt find one. Anyways I was patient and one came home with me today!

Did some searching on the forums using the search function. (I dont want to be THAT guy, or more accurately, THAT GUY AGAIN!)

Anyways I have a case of the USP CT rattle. I know what its from and I am not worried about it "giving away my location on a covert op" somewhere, however, my regular USP .45 C does not do that and I was wondering what grease I should use to dull the rattle from the bushing. In addition is there any new way that has been working for those of you who it bothers as well? The thread was from 07 and if I have learned anything from this board since joining it is that there are some resourceful people on here!

Either way I friggin love this gun! It was the last one I needed to complete the .45 USP collection that I wanted to assemble. Tacked another model to my "douchebag list of firearms" on my signature and I am content. Heading to the range tomorrow to ring it out!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Looking for someone who has one to fill me in. Picked up a NIB USP .45 CT today and I am very happy as I have been hunting for one for a while now. I would find one and have no money and when I had money, I couldnt find one. Anyways I was patient and one came home with me today!

Did some searching on the forums using the search function. (I dont want to be THAT guy, or more accurately, THAT GUY AGAIN!)

Anyways I have a case of the USP CT rattle. I know what its from and I am not worried about it "giving away my location on a covert op" somewhere, however, my regular USP .45 C does not do that and I was wondering what grease I should use to dull the rattle from the bushing. In addition is there any new way that has been working for those of you who it bothers as well? The thread was from 07 and if I have learned anything from this board since joining it is that there are some resourceful people on here!

Either way I friggin love this gun! It was the last one I needed to complete the .45 USP collection that I wanted to assemble. Tacked another model to my "douchebag list of firearms" on my signature and I am content. Heading to the range tomorrow to ring it out!
Sweet gun man ... I'm jealous. Wish it was legal in Cali. Price? Pics?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Price? Pics?
You ready for this...$989 out the door. I about started weeping. This is the same place that I got a "used" safe queen USP .45 Tac with 3 mags,grey Eagle Soft HK tac bag with all the original pouches, pristine Laser Devices BA-6 with the HK stamp, and all the orings sight tools etc for $900!!! I swear to God its like my Holy Land! Best thing about it is the guys there are used to my tastes so I will get a call now and then about something they got in regarding HK's.

Ill put some pics up when I get home from work this morning.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to go thanks FamilyMan! I am heading to the range now so I will pick some up.

Crusty gray .45 muzzle pics coming soon to a thread near you....

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Crusty gray .45 muzzle pics coming soon to a thread near you....
Better than looking at "what color crayon I used today!" Much prefer dirty pics.:wink:

As for grease or lubrication of the bushing, leave it alone. No grease on HK's, specifically the bushing. The bushing must move freely to ensure proper operation.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats on a great gun!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
^May be true as technicality. Reality is....it won't hurt it! Nor will it effect proper operation?
@gtmtnbiker98...operation how?? Just curious?...I bet you could remove the bushing sleeve out all together? Has this ever been done? I was under the impression the bushing sleeve absorbs recoil & what? No recoil bushing sleeve and the gun won't go bang?  I don't buy it!! @OP....If the "rattle" truly bugs you this will minimize it!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Great price on a great gun! I hope to get my hands on a gun like that here in Cali in the near future. I still got 5 1/2 days for the 10 day wait period to be up so I can enjoy my new USP Compact 45.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Also, as far as the rattle that some have brought up, would a O ring help? I bought one from HK parts to throw on there hoping it would keep everything tight on there. I have heard that racking the slide might take some getting used to but if it hides any rattles in fine with it.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
...the guys there are used to my tastes so I will get a call now and then about something they got in regarding HK's.
They're like drug dealers, huh?. My dealer is the same way. He waits for me to walk in, grabs me by the elbow and leads me to the expensive display... hehe.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They're like drug dealers, huh?. My dealer is the same way. He waits for me to walk in, grabs me by the elbow and leads me to the expensive display... hehe.
Yeah, come to think of it, he just bypasses the Taurus', Glocks, and XD's and just takes me right to the SIG's and HK's. I wonder why....?:wink:

TO be completely honest here I was actually not going to pick up an HK that day. I was going in with the plan of saving al ittle money and getting a less expensive 1911. I tried fellas I really did, but I am just spoiled with HK's and other higher end pistols! Not a gun snob or anything but I am just accustomed to the manufacturing and acuracy. I am ruined and doomed to spending a life of paying $1000 +/- for pistols...sigh...

(I did shoot my buddies Bersa Thunder 9 the other day at the range and wow...friggin smooth, great trigger, and just dead nuts accurate. So I guess it is possible not to spend the money and get quality but it is few and far between.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Yeah, come to think of it, he just bypasses the Taurus', Glocks, and XD's and just takes me right to the SIG's and HK's. I wonder why....?:wink:

TO be completely honest here I was actually not going to pick up an HK that day. I was going in with the plan of saving al ittle money and getting a less expensive 1911. I tried fellas I really did, but I am just spoiled with HK's and other higher end pistols! Not a gun snob or anything but I am just accustomed to the manufacturing and acuracy. I am ruined and doomed to spending a life of paying $1000 +/- for pistols...sigh...

(I did shoot my buddies Bersa Thunder 9 the other day at the range and wow...friggin smooth, great trigger, and just dead nuts accurate. So I guess it is possible not to spend the money and get quality but it is few and far between.
When I began collecting guns I bought more inexpensive guns so I could enjoy more variety. After a while I grew tired of the quirks and failures and focused on better guns. I sold off all the problem pistols and cheapos when I bought my first HK. It performed so beautifully that I had no desire for variety anymore. Today my collection consists of HKs, Walthers, SIGs and some very collectible pieces.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Very cool USP Compact Tactical brother Tater! Long live the Mighty USP!! =)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very cool USP Compact Tactical brother Tater! Long live the Mighty USP!! =)
Thanks Kost. I think that the new HK pistols are definately cool and modern, but there is still something about the USP's that just do it for me.

I eventually would like to find an Expert in .45 but for right now I am having too much fun turning my black USP's grey at the range!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts