HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's a high number, I did not see the previous auction. Glad I was able to buy just the can, already had the pistol, and the surefire light...

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
I attempted to purchase just the can since I have everything else, but he wouldn't budge. It was right when he first acquired the suppressors from KAC. Originally, I had placed my order with Lawmens who was supposed to get them, but KAC sold the remaining cans to this seller and I was SOL. sucks....

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
I attempted to purchase just the can since I have everything else, but he wouldn't budge. It was right when he first acquired the suppressors from KAC. Originally, I had placed my order with Lawmens who was supposed to get them, but KAC sold the remaining cans to this seller and I was SOL. sucks....
Actually, KAC backed out of orders their authorized dealers had already placed for those cans, then decided it was more important to do a deal with one buyer than honor multiple orders placed by their dealers. Nice business ethics.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Actually, KAC backed out of orders their authorized dealers had already placed for those cans, then decided it was more important to do a deal with one buyer than honor multiple orders placed by their dealers. Nice business ethics.
Wow... that really sucks. I was the one of the very first on Silencer Talk that put my bid for one when Trey said he had found some and that we can get our SOT to place an order and he'd get them processed. Even offered to pay up front right then and there, but that came later on with Lawmens, but shot shafted in the end. I'll never get over that ordeal... unless I find one. The seller is a really good guy, he does have a premium on them since its a package deal. I just couldn't pay that price at the time. On another sad note for my endless search for this can, that same year I actually found one locally at a gun show. I immediately asked if it was for sale and the seller replied in the affirmative, so of course I offered to buy it and start the paperwork right then and there. Once I sat down with the biggest smile on my face, another guy walks over to the seller and says it's actually not for sale and belongs to someone else at the shop. wtf?!!? Then he goes on to tell me that KAC is making some new ones in the coming years, I just walked off. Til this day when I see them I refuse to even look at their stuff at a show or deal with them.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Wow... that really sucks. I was the one of the very first on Silencer Talk that put my bid for one when Trey said he had found some and that we can get our SOT to place an order and he'd get them processed. Even offered to pay up front right then and there, but that came later on with Lawmens, but shot shafted in the end. I'll never get over that ordeal... unless I find one. The seller is a really good guy, he does have a premium on them since its a package deal. I just couldn't pay that price at the time. On another sad note for my endless search for this can, that same year I actually found one locally at a gun show. I immediately asked if it was for sale and the seller replied in the affirmative, so of course I offered to buy it and start the paperwork right then and there. Once I sat down with the biggest smile on my face, another guy walks over to the seller and says it's actually not for sale and belongs to someone else at the shop. wtf?!!? Then he goes on to tell me that KAC is making some new ones in the coming years, I just walked off. Til this day when I see them I refuse to even look at their stuff at a show or deal with them.
I actually got one of those "found" CT cans. My dealer was one of the very few who did not get screwed over; their order was filled. So it's not sour grapes for me, but I can't stand it when a company gives the shaft to people.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Suds, if you ever hear of anyone selling theirs, please let me know. Highly unlikely, but eh. Did yours come with a pack of wipes and have you been able to get more? PM me if need be

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Suds, if you ever hear of anyone selling theirs, please let me know. Highly unlikely, but eh. Did yours come with a pack of wipes and have you been able to get more? PM me if need be
Mine came with the required three wipes. Spares are out there but problematic (stupid rules). If you are near a properly licensed individual, they may be able to obtain spares and swap them out for you as needed. Better yet, pay them to make you some as needed.

·
Priest of the P7
5,321 Posts
Man, that thing looks clunky as hell with that giant light/laser module hanging off that adapter. And the price is just straight insane.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I agree, the price is out of this world. I called KAC and asked about the wipes, there are no more (they also sold Mike all the packages of wipes) and based off of his pricing, they are $20 each, and you use three at a time.They are wipes, and not baffles, so they are not considered restricted by the ATF.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
They are wipes, and not baffles, so they are not considered restricted by the ATF
Ummmm....you better triple check that. Why do you think all the suppressor manufacturers abandoned wipes? It wasn't because they didn't function well, quite the opposite, they work very, very well, which is why this government only CT suppressor incorporated wipes.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Yeah I've been hearing mixed info on the whole wipes thing for some time now. Not many companies still use them, but I know that you can buy the sheets of eurothane or neoprene and a punch to make your own, the legality is the kicker though, still not sure on that. I had asked about the wipes because originally KAC said that you can get them ordered through an SOT, but according to a guy that has one, KAC has since then stated that they no longer have them nor would they tell him how to get any. I'd love to own one, but WITH wipes to use for it of course. Doesn't Degroat make a Nano and Thompson machine have one with wipes?

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
It's been relisted, yesterday it was @ $5200 without meeting the reserve.
This seller doesn't actually sell any of these high dollar items, check his other listings. I've looked at his stuff for years and he's a nice guy in person (my folks live right down the road from him), but he likes to hold on to his SOT toys.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Yeah I've been hearing mixed info on the whole wipes thing for some time now. Not many companies still use them, but I know that you can buy the sheets of eurothane or neoprene and a punch to make your own, the legality is the kicker though, still not sure on that. I had asked about the wipes because originally KAC said that you can get them ordered through an SOT, but according to a guy that has one, KAC has since then stated that they no longer have them nor would they tell him how to get any. I'd love to own one, but WITH wipes to use for it of course. Doesn't Degroat make a Nano and Thompson machine have one with wipes?
Getting anything from Knight is an adventure. It has more to do with whether you know someone personally connected within the company, or a favorite dealer of theirs. I know people who have been able to get spares, they had a close dealer connection. Don't know if that's still the case now.

Anyone reading this thread, please don't be stupid and go out and make wipes for a suppressor you own. Hillary will make an example out of you, and it won't be pretty.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY
BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO AND FIREARMS
WASHINGTON, DC 20226

AUG 23 1999

901040:GS
5320/99-0115

Dear Mr. Bardwell:

This is in response to your letter of June 28, 1999, regarding the