HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new Z-5P home after 90 days on layaway. This is my first roller-delayed blowback type of firearm and I really looking foreword to learning as much about these fine classic types of shooters. I have 600 rounds of 124 grain NATO 9mm for the initial break in. Any advise from the community will be much appreciated regarding do's and do not's during this initial break-in period.
Thank You

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congratulations on the new Z-5P.
One thing I found on my Z-5P and Z-5RS was that the bolt carrier area that pushes the hammer back is a sharp 90 degrees. This causes it to put a corresponding dent on the hammer surface. The bolt carrier edge needs to have a radius, with will eliminate the marring of the hammer and make charging much better.

See attached link.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/318017-zenith-z-5p-break-re-issue-found-2.html

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I have 600 rounds of 124 grain NATO 9mm for the initial break in. Any advise from the community will be much appreciated regarding do's and do not's during this initial break-in period.
Only fire one round every fifteen minutes and let the barrel cool down properly then repeat process!:biggrin:

Congrats! on your new Zenith!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats on the MKE Z-5p. I recently picked up the Z-5RS to go along with my H&K SP5K

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all the advice and encouragement from everyone. I am waiting on my SB Tatical folding pistol brace to arrive this coming week. As soon as I mount the brace I will post pics. Thanks again for the comments.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I appreciate all the advice and encouragement from everyone. I am waiting on my SB Tatical folding pistol brace to arrive this coming week. As soon as I mount the brace I will post pics. Thanks again for the comments.
Watching, waiting...for update/pics.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Howfx wait until you shoot a 93, 33 or 23... you life will be forever changed as will you relationship with your wife ;) :72: do to less unencumbered funds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts