HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was perusing through Hk parts on a site and this question popped in my mind.

Is it possible to change out the Ambi safety for a single safety on a P30s? I know it takes away from the ambidextrous qualities of it but I was thinking of CCW issues and carrying IWB and having the right side safety get snagged on clothing. I know this is a concern for some 1911 users and was wondering if were possible with the P30.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
If you buy the ambi safety to single safety conversion device. Located here

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If you buy the ambi safety to single safety conversion device. Located here
LOL. That looks very similar to the P30 IWB grip enhancement device. I wonder if they're made by the same company.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, love it.

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I was thinking(not using a belt sander, that there wasn't a "real" way), not that it needed it anyways.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not worried about it by any means. Like I said, it was just a thought that popped up and I thought I'd ask the guys who would know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi; I had the same want; on the single sided safety; If the method of milling /sanding that part off is the only soulution; what would be a logical way to tackle it? thanks John

·
Registered
365 Posts
You realize he was just joking, right?
Well that is about how it would have to be done.

The hammer axle extends out past the frame on both sides and the safety levers are roll pinned onto the axle. As of yet I have not seen replacement axles that are extended on a single side.

If I were to try and go through this process to make a single sided safety, I would purchase a replacement P30 or P30S hammer axle (would be nice to have a spare just in case) I'm not really sure which would be better to use as a reference as I haven't taken off my levers yet, maybe will check that out this weekend....and take the parts to an actual machinist (if you're not feeling warm and fuzzy about taking a dremmel to your own part) or contact a smith, possibly Cusotomized Creations about the project and simply remove the unused extension so that it is dimensional similar to the regular hammer axle and then have the part refinished appropriately IE Cerakoted...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for your thoughts JD ; your thought process doesn't sound like a joke; if you give it any more thought or trials; please pm. me with your results; greatly appreciated. John

·
Registered
365 Posts
Now that I'm thinking about it a little more, it looks like a regular P30 hammer axle is "keyed" to go in the frame a certain way, I wonder how much different the P30S hammer axle is compared to a P30 axle...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts