HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a HK91's butt stock fit on a vector V53 (with or without modification)?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Not certian but I think you would need a HK93 stock since the V53 is built on the HK93/.223 spec. rec. instead of the HK91/.308 spec. rec. I am sure a more knowledgeable member will chime in and help us out here.

D.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I believe they will fit, as far as profile goes anyway.

the 91/g3 stock has 2 pin holes and the 93 only has one, so they will need to be chopped down to just one pin hole.

I think the collapsable stocks that vector is selling are cut down 91 /g3 stocks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great, thanks. I'll let everyone know how it goes

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Wait, wait, wait. The G3/91 stock is not interchangible with the 93! The 93 and 94 stocks are interchangable. Please don't go cutting down a stock and trying to make it fit. If you're looking for a an A2 stock you can pick up an MP5 A2 stock for about 50.00 dollars and slap in on your 93.

The A3 stocks are even less alike. And Vector's 93 A3 stocks are not cut down versions of the 91 stocks! Go look at a 91A3 stock, it has a recoil rod attached to it and a two hole end cap for a reason.

The foot of the old 93/53 stocks are similar to the 91, but they're not the same stock.

I'm sorry, but information like this is dangerous and could really get someone hurt. I'm all for cutting down forearms and removing sights, but the buttstock on this G3 model gun contains the buffer and the recoil rod! It's bomb waiting to go off that'll shove a steel rod through your head. I'd leave that alone.

My .02!

Regards,
R.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
D"OH!!!
I just bought a V53 (enroute to my FFL), and a Tapco 6 position for a HK91. I was hoping it would work so I could use it as patrol rifle. Our PD only allows patrol rifles/carbines with either a fixed stock, or a multi-position collapsible.
Aren't the MP5 stocks just 2 position fully extended or completely collapsed?

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
The A3 stock is fully open or fully closed. You'd be better off with a fixed stock anyway. The fixed stock has a better cheek weld then the A3, don't get me wrong the A3 stock is great, it's compact and durable. But for LEO part unless your SWAT. The A2 is fine. The 91 stock I wouldn't mess with trying to gut it up and make it fit.

If you look around Gunbroker, or ask here. You can probably find and actual 93 buttstock A2 version. It has a similar metal endcap like the 91's. It's a bit longer as well.

By the way is this a 53 or a 93? If it's a 53 it's going to need to be SBR'd if it's a 93 you should have the fixed stock on it already, so you're good to go. I don't know of a multiposition buttstock for these guns. If you found a 91 compatable, maybe they make a 93 compatable as well.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

R.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes, the A3 stocks that Vector sells for the V53/V93 ARE cut-down G3 stocks. At least the early ones that they sold were. I have one and you can tell that the front pin hole was milled away and the recoil spring assembly was removed and the hole was welded up. They removed and relocated the sling mount and shortened the stock "arms". The correct HK 53/93 A3 stock stops just in front of the pin, but on the Vector A3 stocks the sides of the stock run farther up onto the receiver, because they milled them that way. If needed be, I'll post a pic of the Vector stock and a G3 stock to show. AKATTACK

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am getting the V53NS w/ 9.5" brl plus the 6.5" permenantly attached comp. I plan on transfering it to my PD, they SBR it, and assign it to me. Just waiting on the local ATF agent to get back with me to confirm we are good to go with that type of transfer.

Civilian SBRs are not legal in Illinois so PD ownership is the only legal way to have one.

I'd perfer the M4 style stock over the standard fixed stock simply because I'm accustomed to it. My AK and AR both have the M4 style with eotechs, and that's the set up I planned to have on the V53.

If the Tapco M4 won't work on it I may just stick to my AR as a patrol rifle.

BTW, thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,

I just caught your thread.

Hope you enjoy the gun, it should ship tomorrow.

I actually have this rifle in the SBR. One day I hope to find a sear for it too :)

I would go with a factory A3 stock if you can find one.

There was one on Gunbroker but the bid was upto $369, pretty pricey.

Steve

I am getting the V53NS w/ 9.5" brl plus the 6.5" permenantly attached comp. I plan on transfering it to my PD, they SBR it, and assign it to me. Just waiting on the local ATF agent to get back with me to confirm we are good to go with that type of transfer.

Civilian SBRs are not legal in Illinois so PD ownership is the only legal way to have one.

I'd perfer the M4 style stock over the standard fixed stock simply because I'm accustomed to it. My AK and AR both have the M4 style with eotechs, and that's the set up I planned to have on the V53.

If the Tapco M4 won't work on it I may just stick to my AR as a patrol rifle.

BTW, thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PS Some of the advertisers on Gunbroker tell me the MP5/HK94 stocks work fine. They do not extend quite as long as the Hk93/HK53 A3 stocks but fit and function fine, at least that is what they say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts