HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the twist and will it be of benifit with 62 gr bullets ?

starting to reload and see lots of heavier bullets for sale

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
what's the twist and will it be of benifit with 62 gr bullets ?

starting to reload and see lots of heavier bullets for sale
For the heavier rounds, you want 1 in 7" twist. I'd check with VectorArms, they could be 1 in 7, 1 in 9, or 1 in 12 depending on where they are getting their barrels and what they spec.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
+1 on what Aviator Dave says. Vector sells American made barrels for the V93 in a 1x9 twist but who knows what there using for the actual builds.

·
Registered
376 Posts
What about the HK 33/93 & 53 barrels sold by Rim Country Mgf.? What is there twist rate?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I believe both barrels are 1x7. The older HK 33/93 barrels were 1x12.

·
Registered
732 Posts
1 in 9 will stabilize the 62 grain bullets, up to the 69 grain Sierra Match Kings. Some of them will do alright with the 77 grain bullets, but most will not.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Vector told me that all their V93 rifles use the 1x9 twist.

I have shot from 52gr to 68gr rounds with no problems in my V93 but the 62gr to 68gr loads seem to give me the best accuracy so far.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Vector told me that all their V93 rifles use the 1x9 twist.

I have shot from 52gr to 68gr rounds with no problems in my V93 but the 62gr to 68gr loads seem to give me the best accuracy so far.
As long as it's in a full length barrel 1 in 9 should be good, but I'd be concerned in a 53 that 1 in 9 might cause stability problems. It might be fine, I'd just want to find someone who's actually tried it first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts