HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge this wonderful web site. I have been visiting daily for quite some time, but have only recently registered. The amount of knowledge, and professionalism on this forum, makes me want to belong.

I recently received my HK45. This is my first HK firearm with an O-ringed barrel. I am looking to get an idea on how often the O-ring needs replacing. I understand that the number of rounds, and years will determine this, but I was just hoping to get some feed back. Should I stock up on these?

Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i think the o-rings would last quite a while. they seem pretty tough and are barely exposed. Was there extra o-rings with you HK45??

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the group. I think i read somewhere that the o-rings will last about 20,000 rounds, so i dont believe that u need to "stock up" on them, just have a few extras around.
-Jason G

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have 5k thought my USP45CT and haven't replaced the O-ring yet. LIttle lube on it after cleaning and you're good to go. I use TW25B as it doesn't burn off as quicky as regular break-free, etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Usually, they only have to be replaced after some overzealous knucklehead tries to pry it off with a sharp object for "cleaning". The factory says 20K rounds. But I know of Tacticals with 30K plus, o-ring still going strong.:53:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Moonshiner makes a great point. I've never removed mine for cleaning. Not required.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! I have had a tactical for years and put couple thousand rds through and still on the original o-ring. As stated before, dont take it off when you clean it and will probably last forever.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am sure that you will enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Welcome home E.W.! Enjoy your new HK45!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts