HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to the forum but not to H&K, as I'm an owner, past and present, who's always greatly admired the technical and functional qualities of this brand. Which is one of the reasons that I'm happy to be here. I'm a bit old school, just because I'm old. I've owned a USP which I ended up giving to my eldest daughter when she moved into her new home about 17 years ago. My most zealously cared for Hecklerino is a P7M8 that I purchased new about 20 years ago.

Purely out of coincidence, today I bought the last remaining VP9 SK at my LGS (I'm sure they'll get a new stock batch soon). Haven't had a chance to try it out at the range yet, but handling this model is a new experience for me as all my other guns were purchased prior to 2006! So I had a time gap going on there for a while, which I have corrected today. I'm sure that I'm going to love this one too, as the VP9 SK fits my hand better than my hand fits my arm. Right off the bat, it'll replace my Glock 19 in the dry firing sessions for my MantisX app.

I've heard and read good things about this gun so I'm looking forward to having fun with it. From what I've read already in this forum, there are many among you who also like this model, which is the best recommendation possible for me. Once I have enough posts, I'll post a picture of it that I just took.

Greetings to all of you then, from South Florida.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will take the old school models over new manufacturing any time!!! :wink:

Tony
It might strike you as not surprising, being that I'm old school myself, but after a long research of newer handgun offerings (ca. 2015-2020), I found that some of the other brands have had problems retaining or continuing their own production standards in some key aspects. Those companies shall be left unnamed. Some of their late products benefit from effective marketing and are very popular. But the only reviews (by reviewers and testers who I trust and respect) that were unstinting and across the board in praise were for this and other H&K models of recent years. And I've read or watched many such testimonies and field demonsrations. They unanimously concluded that this H&K gun model exemplified and even technically advanced the quality, reliability and production values for which H&K is known. That was the main reason for which I chose this gun.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just received an order from H&K in the same week in which I placed it! Even considering that Georgia and Florida are contiguous states, that was fast mailing. Two 13-bullet capacity mags for the VP9 SK. Both factory, of course. I'm impressed by the manufacture of these HK metal magazines.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I've posted sufficient posts to be allowed to insert the photo I promised of my new VP9 SK. Here goes - hope that it works.
49986660152_2c263749c9_b.jpg

Still in swaddling clothes, like a babe. Which it is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can't separate the two new siblings so just in case that you missed this photo in another of my threads, here's my fourth HK, a LE P30 SK V1 (lite LEM trigger), night sights and 3 magazines that came with it. NIB. The other two are a USP .45ACP (bought it in the early 1990s, but is now with my eldest daughter and SIL - please don't ask), and a P7M8 (well hidden from any relative).

Ok it's official now. I'm heading where madness lies, perhaps to join many of you. My next HK, eventually, will be a P2000 SK, or so I hope. An old man like me shouldn't be starting anew, particularly here in the epicenter of you know what, but I can't help it. Man, are my kids lucky inheritors-to-be or what.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts