HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, newbie from South Carolina working on a Frankenrifle with the heart of a CAI C91 (I know, I know). Pros are that I got to tear it down before I bought it, paid only 400 bucks for it, and got a .406 mm bolt gap with about 50 bucks in parts. Cons are the very non-spec trunion welds and the triple frame has been tack-welded to the barrel. Sheesh, at least the front sight is straight and they didn't distort the rifling! I think they did the front sight that way because the barrel (a non-spec US-made one) didn't have the shelf to solder the triple frame on. It has a shim silver soldered under it in addition to the tack weld. Oh well, it is accurate and appears sturdy, I guess it could be worse. Now I am playing the 922r compliance game while trying to make it look like a 1970s G3. Good times, good times...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a bunch of parts in transit as we speak. As well as an unissued bayonet, so things should be getting real between now and just after new years. I found a bayonet adapter on gunbroker that has the holy grail screw and the proper wedge and toothed washer for 20 bucks! Woo Hoo!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts