HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess to statr off I just got a little screwed because I got anxious. I bought it now on gunbroker before waiting from the sellers response, but I ended up getting a GSG HK MP 5. From the research I have done the Umarex is the one to get. What if any is the major difference? I just here they are a little lighter and not as great of guality, starting to get a little bumed...but, what about after market stuff. Minus the mags, will rails and grips off of any HK MP5 fit? Is it a universal chassis. I am just planning on a rail and maybe a reflex sight and that about it. Thanks for squaring me away.

Justin

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I have both guns and I like the Umarex one better. However, the GSG will run fine if you got a good one. It seems some of them were serious lemons while others ran like a top. I had to send my GSG back and they fixed a few things. It runs better now. It's a little pickey with ammo, but other than that it's a fun gun to shoot. I actually prefer the fixed stock that comes with the GSG vs. the retractable one from the Umarex. The LOP is longer on the GSG.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I just bought my 7 year old a GSG 522-SD. I probably would have opted for the Umarex but these were on sale at Dunham's sporting goods here in Michigan for $279. I've only broken it down once and have not shot it yet (his birthday is next month). Real MP5/clone parts will not fit. I am looking forward to installing the push pins, upgraded diopter sight and maybe the retractable A3 stock.

If it runs 100%, I'll (he'll) be a happy camper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts