HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself, I live in Westchester NY, and always wanted to start target shooting (rifles, as pistol permits are notoriously hard to get here). Getting ready to go poor trying to get my first HK rifle. Lots of new things to learn...

Louis

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It's not that bad , what rifle you looking at, I picked up a MR556 last year, been enjoying it ever since

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Welcome!
Nelson Tactical used to have the MR556 for $2,749 a couple of wks ago (the lowest price I found). Now it jumps to $2,909.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to get an SL8-6, I hear its an accurate shooter. I love that styling. Found one for sale here on the forum and trying to figure out the FFL transfer details as it will be the first gun purchase for me.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to HK Pro! Keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nice to meet you Louis.

My first HK was the SL-7, the older sister to your hopefully soon acquired SL8-6. I absolutely love the action on my baby, and she's damn accurate too. I'm sure you'll have a blast once your wallet recoups enough to get some more mags and ammo. HK's are investments, not expenses.

David

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome and best of luck...we won't give ya too hard a time for being in 'occupied territory'

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, trying to sort out this FFL transfer business and getting confused. Anyways, hopefully things are being sorted out soon enough. Not sure what the protocols are for the transfer if the FFL dealer does not wish to send a copy of his license to the seller who is a private party. The FFL dealer is willing to send the license number for the seller to check online in exchange for the seller's driver's license info. Is this how things go normally and is that sufficient for the seller to then send the firearm to the listed address of the FFL dealer?

Hopefully I will get this SL8-6 soon!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Ehh... not all FFL's will accept firearms from private party. Worst-case scenario seller goes to FFL wherever they're located and pays a small fee to that FFL to ship the gun to your FFL.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, ended up that way, he handed the gun to an FFL, so it will be FFL-FFL transfer. That's cool, I offered him to pay for that extra fee too, but not heard back about that, but whatever it takes... Now ust waiting for my payment to get to him and hopefully the rest will be smooth...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, everything's finally set up for the FFL transfer. I am going to go tomorrow to pick it up! Very excited about it...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the rifle!! yey. NICS was delayed for about 6 hours but in the end got the "proceed". It feels kind of surreal being my first real gun and all, but this has been my dream weapon so it will be a lot of fun. I was able to score a clean new dual-optic and some US made promags (10rds), HDPS operating rod, and a US made piston. I kinda like the look and the feel of thumbhole stock actually, so having second thoughts about conversions now. I think I am going to keep it like this for a while as I slowly decide to see if I should "improve" it...

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Congrats, now go shoot the crap outta it and enjoy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am trying to get an SL8-6, I hear its an accurate shooter. I love that styling. Found one for sale here on the forum and trying to figure out the FFL transfer details as it will be the first gun purchase for me.
Its an outstanding rifle!! You will love it plus its an attention getter at the range everyone ooohs and ahhh's it. Then they all want to put down their AR's to shoot it and i let them because i like to be the center of attention :) I mean really its pure sexy!!

Cool. Won't be long and it will start morphing into a G36 clone... ask me how I know =-/
I was gonna do that too but i cant bring myself to take it apart to do that. Guess i'll just have to find someone willing to sell one already modded :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got the rifle!! yey. NICS was delayed for about 6 hours but in the end got the "proceed". It feels kind of surreal being my first real gun and all, but this has been my dream weapon so it will be a lot of fun. I was able to score a clean new dual-optic and some US made promags (10rds), HDPS operating rod, and a US made piston. I kinda like the look and the feel of thumbhole stock actually, so having second thoughts about conversions now. I think I am going to keep it like this for a while as I slowly decide to see if I should "improve" it...
LOL!! i knew it :)

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
welcome to the forum!

I must say there are so many great things to choose from in the HK realm you cannot make a wrong choice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts