HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried searching here and other places for quite some time for an answer that maybe dumb. I understand there are differences between military/law enforcement and civilians, and the restrictions of weapons and what not. What I don’t know is, what if a military person tries buying a rifle, say HK 416, for their personal use? Is that legit? Pretty much, what it boils down to is this….

How would a person in the military get ownership of an HK 416?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Wait until next year when it becomes available to everyone.:14000000:

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
You can not own a military version of a weapon that is full auto unless you live in a state that allows you to have a special license for such full autos.

You would also need to apply to the ATF for such a license.

Probably if you contact the ATF, and ask them how you can get your hands on a legal full auto weapon. I am sure they will respond to you. Good Luck!!

Also, welcome to the finest HK forum on the web. You need to look into a Premium membership it's well worth the extra dollars, like under $30, it also gives you premo info and helps run this site.

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Even LEOs that purchase weapons with a department letterhead don't "own them", and in many instances can't even take them home.
I truly doubt the military is going to give you a letterhead to purchase a weapon not currently general issue, much less let you take it home for informal range sessions.
Heck, look how much grief you can get for just putting the selector in the wrong position on the range.
Your best bet for Class 3 goodness is to get a C3 or 7 FFL, get letterheads for demos, then buy them direct.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The best advice is to keep it legal; take my advice, I have a client who, years ago, tried to use subterfuge to purchase a product that was legal; but because of company policy, was not being sold to regular folks(LE only)and the net result was a Felony conviction because there was an allegation he tried to pose as LE to purchase the weapons. Stay away from this kind of heartache. As has been suggested, wait; your patience will be rewarded.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
The semi-auto rifle will be available next year sometime. I doubt that he was wanting a full auto which would be postban. In that case good luck getting it unless you are LE or a class 3 dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it for sure that the HK 416 will be available late next year? I can wait for that, no big deal. I’ve only read one thing about it, and I’m not sure if that is just good Internet talk. I can’t even find an estimate price of the rifle. I really do want to have that rifle, and am just try to exhaust all means possible –legally- to own it. I live in Arizona, so I will contact someone from ATF to see what’s up, thanks for that idea TexasJim. I’m picking up what you’re putting down Gunslinger808 about not owning them, and you’re right about the grief they give about anything. SFGuard, you seem pretty confident that the rifle will be available late next year. Is anybody else willing to put stock into that?

·
Registered
817 Posts
Since the HK416 currently is only offered in 10.4 and 14.5" barrel lengths, you as a civilian can not own one, unless you possess a Class3 license like Gunslinger stated.

You'd might be able to find an upper, submit paperwork to the ATF for an SBR and assuming you can get an SBR or build one where you live, find a lower to complete the build. That lower however will not be HK as this is the registered serial # part, which is unlawful to import for civilian sale. It is considered a firearm, which hasn't been approved for importation by the ATF.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
When you first go to www.hkpro.com the screen with the picture on it...scroll down to the posting dated 10-18-2007 it should answer most of your questions. I however was not aware of the update on it until just now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts