HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member who is getting ready to purchase my first H&K! In a few weeks I'll be buying a P30sk V1 primarily for concealed carry. I've been looking at red dot sights to install on the pistol and would like to know if anyone else has had one mounted on this particular gun. Is it possible given the shorter slide? What sights have you had success with? My budget is around $300 and I'm leaning towards the Vortex Venom. I've done a little research online for cost to have the sight professionally mounted and have seen quotes for around $150. Does this seem to be ball-park price? I would welcome any pics that you would like to share showing the P30 sk with a red dot sight.

Just want to say great forum from what I've read and I enjoy reading the posts from all the H&K enthusiasts!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member who is getting ready to purchase my first H&K! In a few weeks I'll be buying a P30sk V1 primarily for concealed carry. I've been looking at red dot sights to install on the pistol and would like to know if anyone else has had one mounted on this particular gun. Is it possible given the shorter slide? What sights have you had success with? My budget is around $300 and I'm leaning towards the Vortex Venom. I've done a little research online for cost to have the sight professionally mounted and have seen quotes for around $150. Does this seem to be ball-park price? I would welcome any pics that you would like to share showing the P30 sk with a red dot sight.

Just want to say great forum from what I've read and I enjoy reading the posts from all the H&K enthusiasts!
Are you a newbie to handguns, or just to HK? That's kind of a radical, unusual route to take with a compact-sized pistol -- unless it's just a range toy. What's the intended use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a newbie to handguns. You're right that its unusual - hence the request for others who may have tried. At first I was just considering getting some upgraded night sights, but after reading about the red dot sights I'm favoring that route. It would primarily used as a range toy but if I decided to carry concealed I would do that as well. Do you have any pistols with red dot sights?

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Not a newbie to handguns. You're right that its unusual - hence the request for others who may have tried. At first I was just considering getting some upgraded night sights, but after reading about the red dot sights I'm favoring that route. It would primarily used as a range toy but if I decided to carry concealed I would do that as well. Do you have any pistols with red dot sights?
I'm new here, and my first HK is on its way to me as well. However, I have some extensive pistol red dot use on carry guns, including those of diminutive size. There is much to say about them in general, and more can be sad about them on tiny guns. What specifically are you wanting to know? If it is just a matter of can it be done, then the answer is yes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use the Trijicon RMR on my Glock 19 MOS - I really like it. Very fast to acquire and accurate. It's my range and home defense pistol however not my everyday carry. I've shot about 500 rounds through it and have had to tighten it back down once but it retained its zero.

·
Priest of the P7
5,038 Posts
I had APO mill a P30L slide for an RMR. It turned out great and I like it a lot. Because of the lack of space rear of the ejection port, the front of the rear sight also had to be milled. This issue might be exacerbated on the sk if the distance between port and sight is even smaller, and at some point would be impossible. I don't know if that's the case, though. IIRC, the main difference in length between my P2000 and P2000sk is at the front end of the pistol, so perhaps the dimension of which I'm speaking is the same on P30 variants sk through L.

On a personal note, if you're looking to put an RMR on a range toy it seems a little silly to me to put one on a sk. If you plan to carry it, an RMR is going to add a decent amount of bulk and I don't think the RMR is going to give you much of an advantage at the ranges at which the vast majority of defensive shootings take place. But yeah...well...you know...that's just like aaah...my opinion, man.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah I edc d a G19 w Rmr, didn't mind they weight or bulk but as was said above, took too long to acquire at conversation distances. Went back to Trijicon HDs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Check out my post I just put in the Hand Gun Talk sub forum. I recently had my P30 mounted with a Burris Fast Fire 3. Haven't gotten to the range with it yet (tonight), so I can report back. I can't speak on the SK, but you can at least get a sense of what it would look like on a P30, and I also put the info for the company that builds adapters for our guns in the post as well.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I do not use a red dot on a carry weapon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

1 - 10 of 10 Posts