HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a relatively new G3 owner, I wonder if you all could be of some assistance in identifying the one that I have. It has the classic muzzle brake, paddle-type mag release as well as the right side button, SEF trigger group pinned at the front. And stamped on the left side of the mag reciever "G3-A3 6631187" on the top line, with "EN" below, on a second line. Obviously it's not an HK........... what is it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your G3 is propably made in England by the Enfield factory. The EN marked guns that I have seen have all been well made. Some of them have even had a tiny horn stamped on them (the Ulm proof stamp) to indicate that some parts of the weapon were actually made in Germany.

Do you have access to a digital camera? I would love to see the proof stamps of your gun. If you do have, try to take a photo that shows the nitro proof also (might be something like a crown with tiny letters "NP" below it).

tk

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a digital camera. Where would one look for these stamps? There are no other marks on the magazine well near the serial number. As for the parts bearing the German markings, which might they be?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My HK33 has the mentioned crown with "np" at the bottom of the magwell well below the serial number. In between them, there's also "HK" in very thin letters, didn't even notice it the first time I handled the rifle. The rifle also has markings on it's bolt head, bolt carrier, locking piece and barrel. I suggest you inspect these parts.

I have seen EN-marked MP5s with German proofstamps on top of the receiver and also EN-marked MP5s with no proofstamping at all. I don't know if that really is something to worry about if your gun does not have the stamping since I've heard that some weapons originally sold to some Goverments may be lacking the proofstamps.

tk

·
Registered
1 Posts
EN MARKED G3

I KNOW THIS RECIEVER WELL AND IF YOU LOOK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RECIEVER,TRUNION YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE A SMALL STAMP CROWN FOR THE BRITISH ROYAL AIRFORCE.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I KNOW THIS RECIEVER WELL AND IF YOU LOOK ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE RECIEVER,TRUNION YOU WILL PROBABLY SEE A SMALL STAMP CROWN FOR THE BRITISH ROYAL AIRFORCE.

I wonder if he's been waiting all this time for an answer? That post was almost 8 years old, and the poster doesn't even appear to exist. :)

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
I wonder if he's been waiting all this time for an answer? That post was almost 8 years old, and the poster doesn't even appear to exist. :)
Hey... it's the thought that counts.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Way to beat on his/her first post. You are evil... pure evil, lol.

Welcome aboard hkparts!

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Way to beat on his/her first post. You are evil... pure evil, lol.

Welcome aboard hkparts!
Just sarcastic. I couldn't help it, maybe I'd been breathing in too many parkerizing vapors. That or the acetone.

I do hope he posts again, it sounds like he's got some good knowledge about those receivers.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
Enfield--- I have seen similar with a 692XXXX serialization!!! ;)
Is this person (AKA "n/a") still around? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Tony
Nope. n/a is the post count of a deleted member. There's not even a way to find out which member it was that I know of. The only thing I can tell you is that the post was made from an IP address in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts