HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HK P7M8 that I bought brand new in the box with two magazines in 1991. I have the manual and original factory target too. It sat for years in my safe. This past Friday I took it the local gun dealer to have it cleaned. He said he wasn't going to charge me because its the cleanest gun he ever seen with no wear or tear. He wanted to know what I wanted for it. I said I have no idea what its worth.

I have a concealed carry license and I want a lighter gun than the HK. He suggested a new FN 57 he has in a box with 3 magazines that he would make an even trade for. Is this a good trade or is the HK worth more?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your gun is worth more than a FN 5.7 I would say. Wait for the more experienced guys to chime in as I want a p7m8 but alas cant afford one right now. Your gun is easily over 1000.00 though being new.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for your response. One thing about this gun is it is stamped made in W Germany instead of Germany. I will post pictures. I have not noticed that on other pictures posted here.

I am sure its because it was made before the wall came down.

·
Banned
353 Posts
How many P7M8 NIB pistols are still around? Not many!
FN's are a dime a dozen.

If you want a different pistol, ask $1,700.00 for the P7 on here and post some pics. If it doesn't sell on here take it to a well known auction site still asking the $1,700.00.

You can always come down.

Good luck!

·
Registered
350 Posts
IF, you were going to get rid of the P7M8 I would sell it out right and but a USPc, P2000, or P2000sk to carry and still come out with some money left over for accessories. This way you will still have an HK :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am pretty sure you are not allowed to sell your guns on here until you have been a member for 30 days and have 30+ posts. This may be what is preventing you from posting pictures as well.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! I took them on my ipad today. Good policy. I would only use an FFL in any case anyway.

·
Banned
353 Posts
You have to post your photos on photobucket, then copy the photo off of there and paste it on your sale post. When you hold your curser on your photobucket image, 4 windows will drop down from your image. Copy the bottom box and past it to your sale post.

Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.