HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for being mostly retarded. Anyhow I am the proud owner of a USP .45 and P2000SK but I want to "kick it up a notch." I've never owned any class 3 weapon but I think I've got a understanding of the process. What I am in dire need of help understanding the various versions of HK and HK Clones/Rebuilds. Like what is a "rebuild?" To give you something to work with I'd like a MP5 or MP5k. Certainly a never opened straight from the factory pre 1986 would be nice but hard to come by. What options do I have and what kind of price range am I looking at? Also, what if something breaks, what can or cannot be legally fixed? Thanks and I again apologize for my newbie-ness.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I would start here on the forum to learn about the HK choices (not clones):

http://www.hkpro.com/contents.htm

Current price range for say an HK MP5 or MP5K is around $17,000 - $19,000. Just the sear will run $13,000 - $14,000!

Various clones like "Vector" or "Bobcat" are in the range of $1,200 - $2,000 without the sear!

I just recently just purchased my first HK MP5K-N PDW. I do not have any personal expreience with the clones but I understand that some work great and others have issues.

Remember that you will also need a full auto bolt carrier if the clone does not come with it!

Hope this gets you on the right path!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, That helped get my bearings. More information would still be greatly appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts