HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.... first time poster here! While not new to firearms I am new to the whole HK clone scene. I had a HK USP nine mm for a while but sold it to a buddy....Pretty much shoot AR 15'S and Glocks now but was wondering about MP5 clones....I visited vegas about a year ago and stopped in at a gun shop that rented full auto MP5's....I rented one for about a half hour and fell in love with it. Being that I am from the great state of Iowa :( ....full auto will not likely ever be in my hands, but I would like a rifle that functioned liked the MP5.....same weight and operation with the exception of semi auto fire. Can any of you direct me to a seller that actually gives a damn about their product and their customer.....I dont want the B.S. of spending $1500 on a firearm that I have to **** with to shoot reliably. I want out of the box reliability and am willing to pay up to $3000 to get it. Are there any clones out there still in production that you would recommend? Any future clones that I should keep my eye out for? I would like to pick up something soon! Thanks for any info you can give!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the world of HK, but be warned, once you have one HK or clone you will have to have another. Now on to your question. When you start talking about getting a HK clone, espically a 9mm, you have to be ready to tinker with them a little. This is just a fact of life. You may get lucky and get one that runs 100% right out of the box, or you could get one that needs to have some parts replaced and some "fine adjustments" made to run. I consider myself lucky, I bought a Bobcat Weapons BW-5 and it ran perfect right out of the box. I probably put 800 rounds thorugh it without any problems. Then I replaced some of the parts with factory HK ones. It didnt need it, but I wanted the closest thing to a "real" HK so I did it. But I do believe that it would still run with the parts that came in it. There is really only one company who is producing new clones now, Cohaire Arms which is run by TB, but thats another discussion. From what Ive heard on here, most of his new clones are pretty good. Fit and finish is nice and they seem to run ok. But I think your best bet is to save a little longer and just get a HK94, you said you wanted one that runs 100% percent out of the box, you just cant guarentee a clone will do that, were a HK94 most likely will. Plus you said you would spend up to $3000 dollars to get one, that is very close to HK94 prices. Good luck with whtever you decide. Hope this helped.
-Jason G

·
Registered
8 Posts
clone

I have the new Coharie Arms product and it's awesome. Fit and finish are the closest you'll get to an MP5. I know you've heard horror stories about some of the clones in the past, but they've really done a lot to clean these guns up and make them reliable. I live in Texas where you can own about anything so there will be several SBRs and suppressors purchased in the next year or so. If you'd like close up pics of my CA94 I'll be happy to email to you. Shoot me an email at matthurtATgmail.com and I'll get them to you.

Matt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys.....So where would one purchase a Cohaire from?...I have a ffl dealer on standby but need to know a distributor. Also....I have heard of guys sending payment and they are lucky to get their purchase several months later....I dont want to deal with a company like that. And where would I order an actual HK 94 from...?....directly from HK?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've you're willing to spend $3k then buy the real thing (Heckler & Koch HK94).

After all the money I'll dump into my clone (read: real h&k german parts) I probably would have saved money starting with the real deal.

No, you cannot get them from H&K anymore. They are no longer being manufactured. Your best bet is to keep your eye on all the gun boards (especially here). Also put up a WTB post in the Want to Buy forum here on HKPro, and check out:

http://www.subguns.com/
http://www.gunbroker.com/
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Buy the real deal....

Read the clone boards carefully and I think you will come to the conclusion that these clones and actual H&K weapons are miles apart. Personal experience suports this. For your own sanity (and perhaps safety), stick with H&K.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Actually for me, a clone is just fine as long as it shoots reliably, it's just a semiauto of the cool MP5 rifle. I'd rather spend 1k for the clone, and save 2k to get a FS2000 or SL8 or something. The HK94 is obviously better, but I don't think it's 3x better than a clone.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just ordered the Cohaire CA94 Rifle.

I did research from the n00b level and read that most people think the CA94 is a great choice in a clone. I understand that starting from Special Weapons, to Bobcat there were improvements. I Believe that with Cohaire's name on the door they seem to be at their 'best so far' level and it seems to be more than enough for me.

I mean come on $3500+ for a gun that sold new for what? like $600-700

I got the NIB CA94 for $1050. He's also shipping them in fancy metal cases with locks.. Good deal to me...

I believe that maybe he wants to produce a quality product.

Oh BTW the lawsuit against him from the guy claiming fraud got denied in court. I bet Todd sent him defective s#!t to piss him off, yet satisfy the order in the first place :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll let you know when I pickup my ca94 in 10mm and get it out to the range. I cant wait.

Even if its gots a couple of niggling bugs to work out, I think overall it'll be worth it in the long run. I mean for the cost, could I even get a HK94 in 10mm? My guess is NO on the civilian side.

Sure a clone will always be a clone, but if it runs right, who cares? Unless of course youre a snob in which case you need a life anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the input guys....Maybe I didnt make myself clear enough....I dont care if I have a clone....I am not a HK snob....I just want a rifle that doesnt have to be rebuilt in order to shoot well.....I have no problem upgrading a spring or the like....But some of you guys who buy a weapon, and damn near rebuild it from scratch.....That would make me go insane...It would literaly make me want to shove the rifle up the builders ass. ANYWAY...sorry for the rant. Where are you guys ordering the CA94 from? I would like to check them out....any web site? Also....generally how long are you waiting for your rifle to arrive after ordering it? I have a fear of spending in excess of a thousand dollars and never getting the weapon....Seems to me there are alot of shady characters floating around some of these forums.....No offense to most of you guys. I am sure that most of you are honest people....But you can never be to safe when dealing with a salesman on line.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can get a Coharie on Gunbroker. I won my auction on 8/01, had money and FFL in his hand 8/06, got rifle three weeks later. They would not reply to e-mail and 90% of the time when I called the person I needed to talk to was out. I can say that it was well worth the wait as the gun is beautiful. My FFL (a huge HK fan and owner) was very impressed with the fit and finish. Only trouble I had was out of the mag, got some factory H&K mags and now runs like a dream in semi, havent tried auto yet. Good Luck!

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can get a Coharie on Gunbroker. I won my auction on 8/01, had money and FFL in his hand 8/06, got rifle three weeks later. They would not reply to e-mail and 90% of the time when I called the person I needed to talk to was out. I can say that it was well worth the wait as the gun is beautiful. My FFL (a huge HK fan and owner) was very impressed with the fit and finish. Only trouble I had was out of the mag, got some factory H&K mags and now runs like a dream in semi, havent tried auto yet. Good Luck!
Did you get it direct through Special Weapons/TB? or was it another dealer?

And when u say 8/01 and 8/06 you mean Augsust 1st and August 6th right?

Not a 5 year span I assume :720:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts